Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tonala2k

Show me the boxes
I have decided that I definitely want to apply at Airnet within the next month. After reading the posts all throughout this forum it sounds like it's the type of flying I'm looking for. When I apply I want to make sure I put my best foot forward by having everything in order and ready upon request.

What are some key items the Human Resource department is looking for at first glance to determine whether to consider me or not? Should I elaborate on a cover letter or keep it just a few lines? Letters of recommendation? I know I'll land the job once I get their attention. I want to make sure I go in with a strong one-two and not just a bunch of rambling. I want HR to know they're not wasting time with me.

Last edited:
Tonala2k said:
I know I'll land the job once I get their attention.

First, you need to get rid of this mindset/attitude. Craig Washka and the Airnet hiring team have a way of seeing through cocky pilots. You will not get the job if you feel like it is owed to you or if you think you should have it because you are the best pilot around.

Airnet does hire great pilots and typically only chooses those who are the best at what they do. The people that they won't hire are those who are the best pilots, and keep telling people that.

With that said, fill out the online application and make sure it is as accurate and complete as you can get it. The online computer scores those apps based on accuracy with flight times. Then followup by either a phone call or a letter/resume to Craig Washka. Then, update the online app every month, even if it is just small flight time changes. Persistance is the key. Good Luck.

Tonala2k-

your times are too low to get hired. You need 135 mins. or close to it for the quick SIC program.

Go teach a little more.

starcheckdriver said:
First, you need to get rid of this mindset/attitude. Craig Washka and the Airnet hiring team have a way of seeing through cocky pilots. You will not get the job if you feel like it is owed to you or if you think you should have it because you are the best pilot around.

Airnet does hire great pilots and typically only chooses those who are the best at what they do. The people that they won't hire are those who are the best pilots, and keep telling people that.

With that said, fill out the online application and make sure it is as accurate and complete as you can get it. The online computer scores those apps based on accuracy with flight times. Then followup by either a phone call or a letter/resume to Craig Washka. Then, update the online app every month, even if it is just small flight time changes. Persistance is the key. Good Luck.

You mean Dan Vossman?

Thanks

Thanks for the help. Case and point. I know I'm dog puke when it comes to aviation. Something my dad has taught me, never to raise myself above others, but to raise others above me. It will never pull me down, only pull others higher. On the other hand, I know what I can and cannot do, and I am astonished at what I have accomplished through life. Clearly that zeal easily comes off as a negative vibe. I'm glad I posted here first before throwing that out at Mr. Washka.

Also, regarding flight experience, Shortly I'll meet all the posted competitive requirements, but with only 500hr or so total time. If I start applying will I tire them out with all my updates?

Not quite sure what you mean about Vossman there psysix...he doesn't say enough to tell anyone he is the best...j/k. I know he is not the kind of guy to talk himself up like that...although he is the learjet guru, no-one is better at knowing that airplane!

Tonala2k...you might meet mins on the website, but their preferred candidate has closer to 1000 tt and all their instructor ratings(i don't know if you have those by the way, just putting that out there). As far as catching peoples eye, HR really has nothing to do with any of it...you will be graded on your computer application, and then the recruiters will select you from there, only then will you meet with an hr person inyour interview briefly. I would say keep pluggin away, and by all means, as soon as you meet the mins on the website, send in the app, and update often, and also call Craig often to show him you are interested. We are so short pilots right now, they might just give a low timer a shot...i know it has happened before...i got on here with just under 500 hours.

Im hoping to apply too once I meet the mins. Sounds like a great place to work. Granted this is a loaded question but do u think I might get on without my CFII? I know Id like to get it but financially right now isnt the best time. Im trying to make it work but if I dont have it will they still look at me? Ive still got about 6 months or so before I meet the mins but just curious.

Time Building

Richard, what we really need to do is build a comprehensive on line time building network. Let people create searchable listings of weather they own an aircraft, what airport they fly out of, and what kind of time they're looking for. And then allow searches based on type of flight time and airport proximity. Hmmmm. Is there any such thing out there yet? Maybe I just stumbled upon a really great idea...

Thats a great idea. Wonder if theres a site like that out there. I work with a ton of airplane owners so it would be nice if we could set it up and have volunteers give us their contact info to hook us low timers up. I guess it would all depend on the kindness of strangers.

Latest resources

Back