• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirNet hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well guys, I have a real question about AirNet if you'd like to get away from this whole flamewar for a moment. ;)

I see that AirNet's minimums are 500TT, and competitive mins are 1000/100. Are they still hiring around 1000TT and putting people in the right seat for a little while, or are they trying to simply stick with people who meet PIC mins from the get-go? The reason I ask is because I heard a while back that they weren't doing the SIC program anymore, but their website doesn't allude to that.

They are still doing it AFAIK. They aren't running another class till mid January though. Also it was 1050 when I got on, that puts you in the right seat for about a month if they get you on one of the super high time runs.

PM me if you have any questions about the company.

They are still doing it AFAIK. They aren't running another class till mid January though. Also it was 1050 when I got on, that puts you in the right seat for about a month if they get you on one of the super high time runs.

PM me if you have any questions about the company.

The SIC program is still going. I got on with 950TT because they needed to fill a class (they told me 1050 but I got lucky). When I did it (mid 2005) they were pretty flexible with the basing of the SICs. As long as the run was at least 4 days of Baron they were OK with it.

The SIC program is still going. I got on with 950TT because they needed to fill a class (they told me 1050 but I got lucky). When I did it (mid 2005) they were pretty flexible with the basing of the SICs. As long as the run was at least 4 days of Baron they were OK with it.

Good to know. I should put my app in even though I don't meet the competitive mins, methinks.

He would ask the Southwest pilots what was going on.

I've seen guys that have been flying for 40 years look at a Navajo or 340 on the ramp and say "I would never do that, not in this weather." I'll take thier word for it. Not yours.

I have a buisness card that says CW - Chief Pilot on it. If any of you want to see it I'll seriously mail it to you. I don't need it.

Same thing I did when I worked on a boat, same thing as when I worked for a plummer. Yeah I'm not captain IFR. Personally I think it's great there is someone I can learn from who is in charge.

1. Getting help from guys with better radar than yours is fairly common. Why isn't that a good decision? I'd follow a guy with radar all night long when when I was packing a stormscope. (no guy-following jokes)

2. You should know by now that there are more people in this biz that will spout cliches like that because they sound neat than people who really mean it. Besides, you couldn't tell the difference between a twin cessna and a navajo? Where do you come from? And Northern California does not impress me.

3. "Seriously mail" it to him? Is that the kind of mailing where you grimmace with discomfort while you shove it in the mailbox and raise the little red flag? Do you have to stretch after that or does it just get there more?

4. You worked for a plummer? Now you just flie plains and put the landing gears up and down.

Come on, man, I've done a little of everything in this industry and cargo is not inherently dangerous. It is demanding and will teach you more than a decade of watching someone with more experience do it right next to you.

Oy, yeah, you're a d***chebag. Enjoy the surfing, brah, and the hiking. I suggest Mt. Hood.

Good to know. I should put my app in even though I don't meet the competitive mins, methinks.

Go for it dude. Freightdawgging will definitely put hair on your arse. :beer:

Some of you guys mentioned a fellow named Craig at Airnet. Would that be "Craig J." who used to fly out of AirEast in FRG?

If anyone knows him over at Airnet, is he still in the lear or has he moved on to other things.

Some of you guys mentioned a fellow named Craig at Airnet. Would that be "Craig J." who used to fly out of AirEast in FRG?

If anyone knows him over at Airnet, is he still in the lear or has he moved on to other things.

No this would be Craig W, director of pilot recruiting, a legend in his own mind, and unable to park/fly a learjet worth a fart.

No this would be Craig W, director of pilot recruiting, a legend in his own mind, and unable to park/fly a learjet worth a fart.

Thanks.

I think the guy I was refering to was EWR based.

By the way, this CW you speak of, and I might have my stories mixed up, but was he the one who somehow "lost" his privileges to fly the Lear? If not, isn't there some story out there at a freight outfit that had some guy who did some PIC stuff without a Lear rating or something and got in trouble for it with the FAA?

you may be thinking of the CP at CASW..... i read a rumor on FI that he allegedly flew a Lear single pilot and got caught..... allegedly

Latest resources

Back