Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirNet: Do they still hire into the piston SIC program?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
starcheckdriver said:
I would say 85-90% of the runs bring you back home very night. This is not the same for floater/reserve pilots. But, if you have a regular run, you will most likely be home every day/night.

Shouldn't you change your screen name to rumpride.....oh sorry...windriderdriver:D

I'm with ya starcheckdriver...i don't think i will change mine either. This name is how i am known, but i will probably edit my avatar to shown half of the current one plus add in one of Frontiers tails or something...i still have not decided exactly.

Airnet Bases in So. Florida

Is it possible for one to get KFXE or KOPF? Either right out of training or bidding for the piston? If so, how long does it take? Actually, I think remeber someone telling me KFXE was a jet base, so just KOPF.

Quick question for you AirNet guys....

I just completed the online app., what is the typical timeframe one can expect to wait for a call from HR..... if you are gonna get one???

I don't work for airnet, but after I filled out the online app it took about a week before I got a call from them, then it took two days after I updated my app to get the next call. And if you want to fly freight in the north west aeroflight is hiring right now.... got an interview coming next week with them.

I'm a good two years from 135 mins...but flying freight is something that really interests me..more so now than pineing away for a regional job. Obviously in this time lots can change, but I'm just curious about the equipment and avaliability of getting PHL or TEB as a base? I thought I read they are less desireable, I guess due to cost of living?

Airnet just seems like a better stepping stone to the Fracs and Majors than Mesa...or all the rest soon enuf. ;(

gkrangers said:
I'm a good two years from 135 mins...but flying freight is something that really interests me..more so now than pineing away for a regional job. Obviously in this time lots can change, but I'm just curious about the equipment and avaliability of getting PHL or TEB as a base? I thought I read they are less desireable, I guess due to cost of living?

Airnet just seems like a better stepping stone to the Fracs and Majors than Mesa...or all the rest soon enuf. ;(

I'm not sure what you are asking, but I try to answer!

AirNet has C310, BE58, C208, PA31 and the LJ35's. The one thing that really convinced me to come work for AirNet was the maintance. If something is broke it get's fixed.

TEB, PHL and BDL are bases that are open "all the time" and yes the cost of living is high. I was in TEB for 3 years and a two bedroom close to NYC (the wife worked in the city) was at that time $1700. But depending on how picky you are there are something for everybody.

Last edited:
I'm from NJ so I do have the out of living at home for a year or two until I can afford to get an ok place...not that it thrills me, but it would be beneficial career wise in this case.

Yeah, sorry for not being clearer. I was asking about what equipment is used on the PHL, TEB, and BDL runs. They are all LR bases I think? But which props? I guess I would be most interested in which props are based at TEB.

gkrangers said:
I'm from NJ so I do have the out of living at home for a year or two until I can afford to get an ok place...not that it thrills me, but it would be beneficial career wise in this case.

Yeah, sorry for not being clearer. I was asking about what equipment is used on the PHL, TEB, and BDL runs. They are all LR bases I think? But which props? I guess I would be most interested in which props are based at TEB.

All of them except the C310!

Latest resources

Back