Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirNet: Do they still hire into the piston SIC program?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLX has runs out of KC, although I'm not sure whether they're contracted out right now. The usual boilerplate about how you're likely to have to go somewhere else for a brief period before you can hold the base you want applies. I do know that the vast majority of our runs are day runs. PM with questions, if you like.

Central Air Southwest I think may also have some runs out of KC, although I wouldn't swear to it.

So, we were talking about Airnet guys/gals moving on after coming here...well i have a new one for ya.

How about one of our guys going over to Frontier recently.

starchkrSo, we were talking about Airnet guys/gals moving on after coming here...well i have a new one for ya.

How about one of our guys going over to Frontier recently.
What were the times and how long did it take the person to get on with them? Letters of recommendation etc... the typical questions..... Right now what are upgrade times again from SIC at lets say 700TT to Jet PIC? Roughly if you could! and Congradulations to whomever got on with Frontier that's great!

I have reason to believe that the guy that got on with Frontier at AirNet is no one other than my old Captain Starchkr himself. He is a 5 year Lear Captain at AirNet. Is the cat out of the bag Starchkr? PM me.

USC328

P.S.- If your cpt spot goes lower than 328, shoot me now. I would have given up 2 years from zero to hero :) Lear Captain at home. Ohh well, made my decision and got to stick with it. SO, starchker you ready to sit reserve. Your wife will get soo sick of you and can hear her calling dispatch now to get you sent on a trip. Have Fun :)

Last edited:
Purvis, you hit the nail on the head...it was none other than myself. What a feeling, leaving Airnet after 5 and a half years...i almost feel like i have spent my entire life working here...well i guess i have spent my entire "flying" life working here. What a shock, call for interview on friday evening, interview on tuesday and the congrats call yesterday (wednesday). Awesome people and awesome place!!! I can't say enough good things about them!!! Actually Purvis, they are predicting that reserve will be very minimal if any due to the amount of new hires they are taking on in the next 9 months, but i really don't mind sitting reserve, especially with a 2 hour call out.

As far as your seniority number goes, there is a VERY good chance that you probably could have held it without a problem...I learned last night that there is at least one other captain who turned in their 2 weeks last night and will be venturing over to Net Jets next month. For some reason i also think i recall that another PIC spot should be coming open soon as well, but i can't remember which one for sure. So yeah, you probably could have done the 2 years to lear PIC thing, kinda funny how it works that way huh...but like you said, you need to not think about it anymore, you need to think about how you are going to pay your bills next month :laugh: :D ;) . Just messin' with ya man...

Meyers...as far as times go, when i was there interviewing there were a few guys with TT in the 4K's, and some with much more...BUT, that is not what Frontier is looking for. They have their mins on airlineapps.com, and as long as you meet those you will be considered for the position. Now the letter of rec is what they key in on after they see that you meet the mins...that is very important. Somehow, well i know how, i slipped through without having a single internal rec from Frontier...I got VERY lucky and was given a once in a lifetime shot since i didn't have one. They do interview without one, but it's usually just 99.9% with one and .1% without.

starchkr congradulations on the new job. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you but best of luck with everything. Any other news from Airnet with people getting into other positions? j/w

Latest resources

Back