Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirNet: Do they still hire into the piston SIC program?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had a Jetride guy leave for UPS recently I think or maybe it was Southwest, it was some major. If you choose to stay at Airnet and get into a jet it is definately possible to pretty much move anywhere you want from there if you have the patience and know how to network.

I know of people who have gone from Airnet to Regionals, SWA, UPS, FedEx, United, American, and multiple different corporate jobs includeing the Fractionals. Usually the prop guys leave for the regionals and the fractionals, jet captains leave for the majors.

The flying experience you get at Airnet is better than anywhere else you can get in the civilian world. Well maybe thats an exageration but not by much.

Finally as far as 135 operations go you will not find a better one. Training, Mx, etc. they operate 100+ aircraft they have to be on the ball or people get hurt. Plus they have never, in 30+ years have furloughed a pilot.

Congrats starchkr!!! Best of luck!!
MNR I think it was to Continental, one of the LNS guys.

usc (now WDR11)

uscpilot said:
Congrats starchkr!!! Best of luck!!
MNR I think it was to Continental, one of the LNS guys.

usc (now WDR11)

2 LNS guys in the last 4 months
1 CAL
1 UPS

Guys/gals,

I've been reading up on Airnet a bit...Let me put it on the table and ask - for someone (retired military - not interested in pax flying, i'm surrently on active duty working in mission support, ppl only...) that wanted to fly for and stay at Airnet - would I be able to do that? I don't want to go somewhere if you are expected to leave after a few years...I don't want a stepping stone job...I like to commit to and stay with one job / career for a while....

Thanks,

LA

LAFrequentflyer said:
Guys/gals,

I've been reading up on Airnet a bit...Let me put it on the table and ask - for someone (retired military - not interested in pax flying, i'm surrently on active duty working in mission support, ppl only...) that wanted to fly for and stay at Airnet - would I be able to do that? I don't want to go somewhere if you are expected to leave after a few years...I don't want a stepping stone job...I like to commit to and stay with one job / career for a while....

Thanks,

LA

I do not think it should be a problem. You just have to remember that AirNet has a pretty high turnover rate and that our culture is very much influenced by that, but we have several pilots that have been here 10-15+ years.

GL

Just wondering - if you're flying for AIrnet, are you usually home every night (or morning as the case might be)?
Do your 5-6 legs return you to homebase every night or sometimes do you stay elsewhere??
John

For the most part I think they still get you home every morning. The flying is very concentrated. They are shifting the system around a bit so some reserve spots are a bit different but for the most part your home every morning. Some of the guys still flyin' cargo can elaborate more.

John2375 said:
Just wondering - if you're flying for AIrnet, are you usually home every night (or morning as the case might be)?
Do your 5-6 legs return you to homebase every night or sometimes do you stay elsewhere??
John

I would say 85-90% of the runs bring you back home very night. This is not the same for floater/reserve pilots. But, if you have a regular run, you will most likely be home every day/night.

Latest resources

Back