• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airman closed until further notice..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do a search on this board for "airman flight school" and you'll quickly find the person who pushed inquiring new pilots into going to Airman. Post afer post about how wonderful Airman is and how one couldn't go wrong if they went there.

Now he backtracks and says the pilots should be held accountable for their loss of funds.

There was a BIG meeting last night with upwards of 50 students. Class action litigation has begun, to the end that if fraud can be proven (and the case is reeking of it right now), pressure can be put on the banks to forgive the loans. I talked to some people who had Sallie Mae loans, and it looks like those may be forgiven. Key Bank... it doesn't look good, but who knows? Key sucks.

MFR

I wish all of you affected guys the best of luck in resolving this case, as well as pushing forward to achieve your dreams. I'll be a little more careful with my next disbursement check, due to arrive in a few days. I definitely won't just hand it over to my school. I worry about this same type of situation every day. I'm just glad that things are going well so far.

FlightInfo database error?

Wow...it looks like the last 15 posts or so are gone. LA blackout?

Anyway, here's a link to the news segment that ran on News 9 in OKC tonight: www.newsok.com/video. It ran today, Sept. 13, so it will probably be archived by tomorrow. Yours truly has a small appearance.

MFR

The school I used to teach at pulled the same crap. Some of my students had loans, too. They way it works is if you have one of those nifty "aviation loans" where the money gets deposited directly to the school, the student is only liable for the portion of the loan that has been used. It's not like the bank wrote a check to the student and the student had a choice of what to do with it.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER pay in advance for anything unless you can afford to lose the money. It's true for remodelers, mechanics, you name it, and ESPECIALLY flight schools.

MFRskyknight said:
Nope. Christiansen owns them all, and they is all going back to him. Tomorrow, I think.

MFR

Oh. That explains the bosses bad mood the other day.

pilotmiketx said:
The school I used to teach at pulled the same crap. Some of my students had loans, too. They way it works is if you have one of those nifty "aviation loans" where the money gets deposited directly to the school, the student is only liable for the portion of the loan that has been used. It's not like the bank wrote a check to the student and the student had a choice of what to do with it.

That's what Key told me...the problem I'm running into is getting the records from Airman (the attorney) to prove that I didn't use X amount...

I may have to get an attorney afterall, so I can get the darn records...what a waste of time.

If I knew then what I know now.......I woulda done either the ATP thing or bought a twin and done it that way...what a mess!

-mini

Latest resources

Back