Airman closed until further notice..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
English said:
Do a search on this board for "airman flight school" and you'll quickly find the person who pushed inquiring new pilots into going to Airman. Post afer post about how wonderful Airman is and how one couldn't go wrong if they went there.

Now he backtracks and says the pilots should be held accountable for their loss of funds.

Info's favorite female pilot is back I see. Yes, do a search and you will quickly find that indeed it was I that "suggested" inquiring new pilots into going to Airman. You will also find that all those who took me up on the recommendation paid, completed, and were content with attending Airman and got all what they paid for. No "backtracking" on this end my dahling, get the chip off your shoulder. I merely stated a personal opinion on the subject when I got word on Airman's closing, nothing more and nothing less. Did you speak to a senior inspector at the OKC fsdo soon after they closed the doors?. Do you know the entire story behind this?. Do you or did you have any current/former ties to Airman?. I think not, sometimes it is better to stay in the closet when you are clueless and have no knowledge on a specific school/operation versus just spewing words/opinions.

Ignorance is bliss

Last edited:
phantom, thank you for recommending AirOne at PWA. Went up to see them today and was very impressed with the operation. I'll have a talk with the FAA and see what I can do about transferring 100% of my credit so far to them due to the Airman situation.

MFR

350DRIVER said:
You will also find that all those who took me up on the recommendation paid, completed, and were content with attending Airman and got all what they paid for.

I wouldn't say content....but at least I got the paper(s) before they shut their doors...

MFR,
Give me a call if you can on Sunday...I should be around.

-mini

minitour said:
I wouldn't say content....but at least I got the paper(s) before they shut their doors...

MFR,
Give me a call if you can on Sunday...I should be around.

-mini

I shouldn't have said "all", the "majority" of people who took me up on the recommendation have shared the same thoughts, sentiments, and opinions about the place as I have had and shared on this board over the years. The bottom line is everyone got what they paid for (those who went there after I made the suggestion) and I can only speak for myself but if I had to do it all over again I would go right back to Airman in a heartbeat without a second thought if they were still in business if I needed to get the I/II.

You will never be able to please everyone and will always have a few that can never be satisfied.

350DRIVER said:
You will never be able to please everyone and will always have a few that can never be satisfied.

It's pretty easy to satisfy me.

Provide the services contracted in the agreed upon timeframe.

That didn't take place and when I voiced my displeasure, I was "benched"...for a month.

To me, that's unacceptable.

I can refer anyone to at least a half dozen others that attened at the same time as myself with the same opinions.

A pretty shady operation that unfortunately now has "current" students in trouble.

Like I said before, "go get 'em guys!"

-mini

350DRIVER said:
You will also find that all those who took me up on the recommendation paid, completed, and were content with attending Airman and got all what they paid for. No "backtracking" on this end my dahling,

No backtracking, eh?

minitour said:
That's what Key told me...the problem I'm running into is getting the records from Airman (the attorney) to prove that I didn't use X amount...

I may have to get an attorney afterall, so I can get the darn records...what a waste of time.

Do you have your logbook? That is considered a legal document. Do you still have contact with your instructor(s)?

The only bank I've dealt with for flight training money has been Pilot Finance. They paid on the student and my signature stating whatever training had been received. It was basically a loan put into an escrow account and only paid to the school when the training was received. Of course the student was charged interest and had to make payments during the training course, so it's not a 'student loan'.

HTH.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

minitour said:
It's pretty easy to satisfy me.

Provide the services contracted in the agreed upon timeframe.

That didn't take place and when I voiced my displeasure, I was "benched"...for a month.

To me, that's unacceptable.

I can refer anyone to at least a half dozen others that attened at the same time as myself with the same opinions.

A pretty shady operation that unfortunately now has "current" students in trouble.

Like I said before, "go get 'em guys!"

-mini

I stand by mini's observation about the "rocket science" of customer satisfaction - services contracted for in the agreed upon time. And what I find outrageous is the assertion by Airman's lawyer that they were not wrong to go on accepting tuition, since they were supposedly negotiating a new lease. He also says that they are technically in operation with one instructor teaching a handful of students. I think Will and one or two instructors may be donating their time to finish off a few close students, for additional out-of-pocket expense to the students, but how does this constitute Airman still being "in operation"? Hmmm, I wonder, would this fulfill their contract with me to provide training in the timeframe I expected? Hell no!

By constrast, yesterday was (unfortunately) the first experience I had visiting a flight school that does business like a flight school should. It literally opened my eyes to what I could and should have been doing. I know some people, like 350, got what they paid for with Airman, while others, like passengers on a doomed flight, were unfortunate enough to be on her when she went down (yeah, I know that kinda sounds dirty). I don't blame those who are content with their Airman-brand training for holding back their ill will from Brenda & Co., but even without all the suspicious facts that have been unearthed in this case, I would still hold them accountable for the significant loss of my time, training, and finances. The fact that this situation has begun to reek of fraud and deceit only compounds my frustration, and from the bottom of my heart I can say it would only give me joy to see them pay dearly for this.

MFR

Latest resources

Back