• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airlines Vs Fractional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
tell me that you guys are not worrying about the pax in the back....that whole line of "oh the lives that I hold in my hands" crap makes me sick... I never exert an ounce of effort thinking about the saftey of the pax....screw that..I am going to live which means they are too.....period.... It is unsafe for pilots to worry about the safety of passengers.... that is not our job

Dogg >> If you aren't considering the Folks in the back then I guess you are a Freight Dog! The Pax feel every move you make with the Yoke >> and bottom line is >> They pay the Bills! They should be considered every time we fly them!

Sure >> In an Emergency Situation >> Save Your butt and you will save theirs too!!!

There I was, just cruising around the board and saw this thread at the top of the list. I thought what the heck....I will see what is going on here. I am a corporate guy, so it is only with idle curiousity that I took a look at some of the posts. It appears that the original thread has gotten lost here. However, I do have several opinions about flying so here goes.

Fact: Most pilots have above average aptitude.

Fact: Most pilots have idle time on their hands.

Fact: Many pilots do not use their idle time productively, they instead let the green eyed monster take over their thoughts and focus.

The grass is always greener or mine is bigger than yours or I wish I was at a major so I could make the big bucks and live happily ever after are a few examples. Being around the very rich to the very poor I can tell you that the very rich are not necessarily any happier...even with all of the fancy stuff they have accumulated. Bottom line is that the major guys don't necessarily have a better QOL. It is all about what each individual does with their life both in and out of the cockpit.

Everyone who is paid to fly and can make a living at are lucky sobs...just my view. We all know that it has some advantages over the 9 to 5 routine and at least in the past there is some level of admiration from the non-flying community because what we do is viewed as being difficult. This is not rocket science, guys. It is all about being the best we can be whatever our current position is. Constantly improving our skills helps us beat the odds of ending our finite and others' lives prematurely.

I hope that this generation pilots can be looked upon as professionals, all having the knowledge of the risks taken when the throttles go forward or the collective comes up and arriving alive at the end of each and every flight. Taking care of yourself at the pointed end of the aircraft does generally take care of those in the back. Using your judgement and skills you can keep them in the back, as comfortable as possible. This is a mark of a true professional.

Grow up guys....do your job and quit belittling each other....it is just not professional...it brings the profession down. We all started somewhere and we will all end somewhere. Better that others can look back at your contribution positively. Don't be a driver...be a pilot.

rajflyboy said:
Even the smallest of RJ's is still more airplane than anything in corporate aviation >> Except maybe a Gulfstream or Global Express! More responsibility too! 50 People instead of a maximum of normally 10 or less!

This has got to be the funniest post I've read in quite some time.

So flyboy, is a 50 seat RJ, like, "more airplane", than one of those paltry 10 passenger, dead-stick-it-onto-the-runway-all-the-way-from-orbit space shuttles? :rolleyes:

Flyboy's right. The other day I flew on a RJ that only had 3 passengers. We almost crashed 3 times. As I was leaving I asked the pilots what the problem was. They replied, "We didn't try to be very safe because there were only 3 pax on board. Had there been more, we would've done a much better job." I guess his argument holds water...

Majik said:
Flyboy's right. The other day I flew on a RJ that only had 3 passengers. We almost crashed 3 times. As I was leaving I asked the pilots what the problem was. They replied, "We didn't try to be very safe because there were only 3 pax on board. Had there been more, we would've done a much better job." I guess his argument holds water...

I've noticed that too. And I had an experience at the other end of the spectrum just the other day. I trying to airline back from overseas and the 747 I boarded was stufffed to the gills....close to 400 souls on board I'd guess. Well, we kept sitting there and sitting there at the gate, not moving, and suddenly they cancelled the flight. Deplaning, I queried the crew as to what the problem was....wx?..mech?. "No problem whatsoever" they said, and went on to explain to me that with so many pax the safest thing to do was to not fly at all.

Enlightened, and awed by their responsiblity, I walked away to find a hotel phone.

" Deplaning, I queried the crew as to what the problem was....wx?..mech?. "No problem whatsoever" they said, and went on to explain to me that with so many pax the safest thing to do was to not fly at all."

Sorry Catyaak but with that type of post (above) there can be only one conclusion, you are just full of BS.

I do not believe that anyone worthy of being called a pilot would fly different if he has three people on board or three hundred. It is not the number of seats that are occupied that should and does control how we might fly. Sure, if you are empty there is a certain amount of playing, learning, etc that will take place but not with passengers.

I do believe or should I say know that the larger aircraft are more difficult, takes more skill than do there smaller cousins. From climbing and descending to landing on a contaminated runway, it takes more planning, skill and experience on the heavy's. I am not saying that not anyone could fly larger aircraft because that is not true, I am saying and saying from experience that the larger aircraft requires a greater skill level and much more planning and many more things to consider. . I am not talking about passing a sim ride in the 737 but the average flying abilities required for line flying on one of the heavy’s.

Latest resources

Back