Airlines Vs Fractional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Live4flyng said:
Who the He11 is Express Jet? Another miserable start-up flying Brazilla's some poor passenger gets the displeasure of riding on?

Another mature post. www.expressjet.com ExpressJet Airlines does business as Continental Express, flying 228 jets (with another 46 on order) for Continental Airlines. We have 2500 pilots. Our revenue will be over $1.4 billion and pre-tax net income of well over $140 million. Flights from coast to coast and Canada to Mexico to the Bahamas. Hardly a "miserable start-up flying Brasilia's."

Didn't you just get done giving a lecture to Dash8 about how unions are made up of it's members, and not ALPO? Sounds to me like this was a failure of it's MEC.

Actually, this particular action would rest solely on the attorneys for the Teamsters and not on the individual MEC's NC. Blame could be placed on both parties but the representation department (professional lawyers/negotiators) deserve most of the blame.

Sam

Continental Express is the more widely known name!

Good Place to work if your in the left Seat! You guys definately pay your dues in the right seat! How much does your typical 5 year ERJ captain bring home in a year? Thanks!

rajflyboy said:
Good Place to work if your in the left Seat! You guys definately pay your dues in the right seat! How much does your typical 5 year ERJ captain bring home in a year? Thanks!

Well the bulk of our captains are in their 6th-9th year right now, but a 5 year pilot on a contract that is already 15 months past its amendable date makes $58.08/hour. Assuming he flies 1000 hours per year, he'll make $58,000. However, a 5 year guy right now is on reserve and will make less than that and a 7 year guy holding a 90 hour line consistently will make somewhere around $65,000 or so. Our current contract negotiating process is almost over as we are discussing compensation now. I have no idea what we'll be making but I know it won't be less than Comair, which is around 14% ahead of us today and 18% ahead of us in June when Comair gets their next bump.

Sam

Thats about the kind of pay I expected >> Not far from what other Regional Captains are making!

Making that kind of Money and having a schedule would be nice >> even better if you live in your Domicile!

rajflyboy said:
Thats about the kind of pay I expected >> Not far from what other Regional Captains are making!

Making that kind of Money and having a schedule would be nice >> even better if you live in your Domicile!

The pay will soon increase.

Average days off in EWR and IAH is around 14.5 and average days off in CLE is aroudn 13.7 these days, according to XJT Crew Planning. This is the lowest its been in 2 years, due to the enormous increase in block hours that we are flying. We will recall/hire several hundred in 2004. 200 in the first quarter alone.

Sam

How many of those EMB 145 Extended Range Airplanes do you have? Those are certainly the Wave of the Future in Airline Travel!

rajflyboy said:
How many of those EMB 145 Extended Range Airplanes do you have? Those are certainly the Wave of the Future in Airline Travel!

I'm not 100% sure but I think it is somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 XR's - the one's with the winglets. Someone else might have the exact answer. We fly those as far as 1350 NM. Block times of 4+ hours aren't uncommon, especially in the winter. I can't say that I enjoy those flights and perhaps some of the passengers don't either, but I can say this: They do wonders for the productivity of our pairings and lines and they also allow someone to fly from EWR to OKC without connecting as well as CLE to SAT, etc. People might not like the plane but when time is money, it sure is nice to have a direct option.

Sam

Thats an Awful long time to sit in an airplane >> But that still beets having a layover!

Is the Pay higher on the EX airplanes?

I like the gate check baggage on the RJ's >> no hassle flying!

rajflyboy said:
Thats an Awful long time to sit in an airplane >> But that still beets having a layover!

Is the Pay higher on the EX airplanes?

I like the gate check baggage on the RJ's >> no hassle flying!

No, the pay is the same. Still just 50 seats. We have 37 seat short jets and some pilots are paid less when they fly those.

Sam

Even the smallest of RJ's is still more airplane than anything in corporate aviation >> Except maybe a Gulfstream or Global Express! More responsibility too! 50 People instead of a maximum of normally 10 or less!

Latest resources

Back