• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well spoken lrjet55.
could not agree more. unfortunatley for me, at 51 years, ain't
many options or time.
I "fly the contract" period. I try to convience everyone that when
mediation dates are over in april its time to walk the walk.
Play time must end for everyone.
Love the job, love the company {if that makes any sense}, love the 7 as well, but in need of finality on the contract bs.
Belief the mec children have come a long way. Can't look back, but if we could?
still love flying, been a curse all my life:D

Gunfyter, Have you spoken to the MEC lately?

They are willing to give up a certain amount of retro for a larger base pay. Thats better than the alternative of more retro and less pay but still not what we deserve and have earned.

As for your war analogy, I think I would feel better if I thought I was helping the process along. I fly the contract but if I knew I was a part of some work action or something I was doing actually made a difference then this wait would be more tolerable. I kills me to picture RTS sitting in his PHAT PBI home whilst we barely scrape by during the holiday.

Sailorman,

I spoke with our MEC shortly before christmas and I was told that our mediator said there was no way negotiations would go until April. He said there simply wasn't enough information to be discussed. The MEC cautioned this was before both sides had presented their respective proposals. Since some negotiations were taking place during the holiday it will be most interesting to see what they have to say. I honestly pray there will be a positive announcement this week.

Lrjet55 said:
The fuggin' contract aint gonna get down any time soon no matter who is working it. ALPA is a freakin waste of space when it comes to the regionals or a fractional. ALPA does not beleive anyone other than a major should make that much money, ex. Comair. If ALPA truly believed they were worth it things would have been different.

This statement shows how truly ignorant you are as to the "in's and out's" of ALPA and the "regionals." Judging from your profile, you have zero experience with a "regional" airline or with ALPA. You must get all of your information from this message forum which is full of lies, mistruths, rhetoric, and falsities.

So I'll ask the question....what exactly is "ALPA?" What do those 4 letters mean to you? Some "Wizard of OZ" who controls everything from Washington DC? Do you understand how the bargaining process works?

Don't get me wrong, every labor union has its shortcomings, but I can't stand seeing my union take potshot and after potshot from people who are ignorant and naive to the real situation. I have been at ExpressJet for a while now and have seen the difference between the independant IACP and ALPA. We've been ALPA for 3 years almost and for the entire 18 months of this negotiating process that we are currently entrenched in and the resources, support, and results are outstanding.

There's a lot more I want to say but I fear that the facts might fall on deaf ears.

Sam

When it comes to Pay Issues ALPA only wants the United,Delta and USAIR guys to get Rich! When it comes to Pilot enforcement Issues >> ALPA helps any of their Pilots!

This is one area where the Teamsters must improve On! Period! This Good Old Boys System they have will not work for 1800 Pilots! Each and every one of the pilots deserves the same attention when it comes to this issue!

rajflyboy said:
When it comes to Pay Issues ALPA only wants the United,Delta and USAIR guys to get Rich! When it comes to Pilot enforcement Issues >> ALPA helps any of their Pilots!

Sorry Raj,

You are sorely misled and mistaken on this issue. Under your logic, then why would ALPA help 2 of those 3 negotiate concessionary contracts with the 3rd being in concessionary discussions as well?

Hate to break it to you....but you are flat out wrong. Have a look at the current Mesaba situation....the past Comair situation...the current ExpressJet situation. Quit buying into the rhetoric and the lies.

Happy New Year!

Sam

I don't have any issues with ALPA >> But they do favor the Major Airline guys over Everyone Else >> Of course now that A bunch of Major Airline Pilots are out of Work >> Sure >> ALPA is Helping the Regional Folks a lot more!

It All depends on your Local MEC as well! If you have an outstanding MEC >> ALPA or Any Other Union will be much more useful! At a Previous Job >>> Our MEC was very helpful in getting preferential Interviews set up after the Furloughs! I have to admit I was impressed by that! ALPA and the MEC really helped us folks in need!

In Our business Unions are needed to enforce work rules and also to Keep the Flying Public Safe! If you run into a medical problem or an enforcement issue >> its nice to have their help too!

rajflyboy said:
I don't have any issues with ALPA >> But they do favor the Major Airline guys over Everyone Else >> Of course now that A bunch of Major Airline Pilots are out of Work >> Sure >> ALPA is Helping the Regional Folks a lot more!

It All depends on your Local MEC as well! If you have an outstanding MEC >> ALPA or Any Other Union will be much more useful! At a Previous Job >>> Our MEC was very helpful in getting preferential Interviews set up after the Furloughs! I have to admit I was impressed by that! ALPA and the MEC really helped us folks in need!

In Our business Unions are needed to enforce work rules and also to Keep the Flying Public Safe! If you run into a medical problem or an enforcement issue >> its nice to have their help too!

You are back-peddling RAJ. Sorry dude....you make ZERO sense. The fact that we are getting good service has nothing to do with the fact that major pilots are on furlough. Give me a break.

Sam

It has a lot to do with your MEC and a Lot to do with the restructuring of ALPA's financials!

Its common Sense >> Business 101 >> They lost so much money from all the furloughs >> now they have to pay closer attention to the lower salary Regional Pilots to ensure that ALPA gets the union Dues to stay in Business >> They now realize that Regional Jets are the wave of the Future!

ALPA will get union Dues from Regional guys for years to come >> They need to take care of you Folks!

rajflyboy said:
It has a lot to do with your MEC and a Lot to do with the restructuring of ALPA's financials!

Its common Sense >> Business 101 >> They lost so much money from all the furloughs >> now they have to pay closer attention to the lower salary Regional Pilots to ensure that ALPA gets the union Dues to stay in Business >> They now realize that Regional Jets are the wave of the Future!

ALPA will get union Dues from Regional guys for years to come >> They need to take care of you Folks!

ExpressJet has had the Director of Representation for ALPA as their professional negotiator/attorney for the past 3 years, since before 9/11 and the furloughs. He is the #1 attorney at ALPA and a "regional" has him full time. Not bad in my opinion. Are you sure ALPA still doesn't care about the small jet carriers?

Again, your arguments, while you seem to mean well, lack any sort of logical thought nor do they make sense to me.

Sam

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back