• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airlines to Fractionals questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never made the switch, but I've been at JetNets for over a year and I like it here, don't see any company I'd leave it for soon.

I'll never go back to a regional or a major. No scheduling pressures, crew food:erm: , 7 off, decent pay (once you upgrade which if you got hired today at NJA I would assume to be between 3 to 5 years), nice aircraft, no commute (if you live in your domicile), hotel and airline points (I get about 400,000 Hilton points a year; enough for a week in Hawaii or 10 days in Orlando with the kids)

Cons:
F.O. pay sux. At NJA 1st year FO base pay is $39,000 and 5th year pay is $47,405. I would plan on worst case scenario, but I think you could count on about $10,000 more than that if you can get done with IOE quickly and start getting extended days, holiday pay, and OT.

Have you heard about the domiciles? You will be based out of either CMH, TEB, DAL, PBI, or LAX. Plan on that until at least 2010. That is when the contract is amendable.

Correct. He was very happy at NJA during his stay.

Yes I was, and even with a job offer from UPS, it was not an easy decision to quit NJA for me....it was primarily a financial one.

That being said, the fractional lifestyle may not be every pilot's cup of tea. It is a very different type of flying (that I loved), and the level of customer service expected/given by fractional pilots far surpasses any level of customer service I was required to give in the Part 121 passenger world. If any pilot out there feels that it is beneath them to clean and stock the aircraft, or to throw bags, then the job title of NJA pilot is not for you.

If you want a job with an outstanding and stable company, that offers excellent benefits, flying superbly maintained, spotless aircraft all over the place, you can't go wrong with NJA.

Yup SIC pay is much lower than it should be. BTW that number is for a SIC on the 7/7. If you were on reserve that number would be $56,260. Still not great for five years but keep in mind that it is base salary and you will make more than that. The union has acknowledged that SIC pay isnt where it should be and im sure that will be a hot button item when we go back to negotiations seeing as how there will be many of us who are 3+ year SICs at that point.

Also factor in that medical, dental, and vision insurance is fully paid, which is effectively a couple thousand more. You'll also generally take home most of your per-diem, since you won't spend it if you're eating company-provided crew meals on the road. That's a few thousand more in your pocket. That takes a little of the sting out of it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back