Airlines say pilot fatigue rule would cost jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Neither. Both are a lie.

Why not take a poll of passengers. Would you rather pay $1 more on your ticket, or would rather have a pilot who's been up for 16 hours?

Why not take a poll of passengers. Would you rather pay $1 more on your ticket, or would rather have a pilot who's been up for 16 hours?
they could care less, they go to the internet and if the ticket is $1 lower they buy it. But legally rested has nothing to do with being alert and capable of not flying when fatigued. There is no way anyone who lives on their days off on a 7AM to 11PM wake cycle with their family, can now pick up three night of 11PM to 7AM flying and not be exhausted. I have been there and done that when I used to fly the Emery sort at KDAY, if you did not sleep in the cockpit, you did not survive. The biggest sham in Part 117, is no controlled napping in the cockpit like some int’l air carriers. I am betting a result of this is going to be more time in hotels on the road in order to make guarantee.

Last edited:
I thought all the nimrod jerk off right wing pilots subscribed to the story about regulations and taxes killing jobs.

Doesn't that apply to aviation? Can't we just remove requirements so pilot wages will drop and more jobs will appear. Shouldn't we defund the FAA and NTSB to make more jobs for pilots?

Latest resources

Back