Airlines fall, victors smugly smile

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Turtle21

This is a documentary about how management, bankers, and lawyers join forces to make gobbs of money at employee and taxpayer expense while the airlines are transformed to the new pardigm, with the "strategic tool of bankruptcy."

Some may have seen it already (I hope everyone) but this deserves a few minutes of your time if you haven't gotten a chance to hear the top power brokers in their own words on camera.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/retirement/view/2_hi.html

DELTA needs to hear this!!

Last edited:
Wow......

This is a documentary about how management, bankers, and lawyers join forces to make gobbs of money at employee and taxpayer expense while the airlines are transformed to the new pardigm, with the "strategic tool of bankruptcy."

Some may have seen it already (I hope everyone) but this deserves a few minutes of your time if you haven't gotten a chance to hear the top power brokers in their own words on camera.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/retirement/view/2_hi.html

DELTA needs to hear this!!

As does every airline that has filed bankruptcy.

You are right they did nothing illegal.........but it should be, like my dad says "the really good theives steal with a pen".

The biggest travesty is that our beloved ALPA let this happen to us. I don't expect us line pukes to get a leg up on scumbag corporate lawyers but I do expect ALPA to exhaust its resources spelling out what is happening to us BEFORE a conceeionary contract vote.

What about the legal guns our leaders are always suggesting are the best labor money can buy, etc. Where were they while we were getting robbed?

We should've shut this country down for a day bringing mgmt/ Wall Street to its knees.

Perhaps this stuff is legal now but it ought to be outlawed. Yet another reason why this registered republican voted 100% democrat during the last election.

Latest resources

Back