Airliner.net Forums Are Sad... Read This

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
matt506 said:
Hate to have my first post like this, but I think you are the pathetic one. These are just people who are interested in aviation; what have they done to you? You should be flattered that there are people so amazed by an industry you get to participate in every day.

Shut up you airliners.net looser.

Yes, airliners.net is full of "armchair pilots" but they are the ones that still believe that flying is something special. I do find a lot of the conversations there pretty entertaining and funny to read, but they are the ones that are looking at this very abysmal industry as something very special with a "glass half full" attitude.

I don't think anyone in aviation should look down at any type of aviation enthusiast. Aviation is special to all of us and who cares if its special to them in a different way?

Anyone that is excited about aviation, even if it is someone that is excited to be a passenger, is fine by me. In fact, I'd rather fly a plane full of Airliners.Net guys than a bunch of regular pax that will b1tch and moan about having to stand in security lines, take their shoes off, not getting peanuts, blah blah blah.

I've never actually posted on Airliners.Net but everytime it comes up on this forum, I go there and see whats going on and its just a bunch of people enjoying aviation in a different way.

Shut up you airliners.net looser.
Funny. :D

However Matt506 is right, in my humble opinion. If I couldn't fly, I'd prolly be a geek 'spotter' too, cuz I just get off on almost anything aviation-related. :)

When I flew out of INT, I used to see a regular group of spotters and photogs there. Airliners.net kinda people. All were very nice folks and just had a real love for flying. I imagine the younger kids there with their dads will one day grow up to fly 787s for whomever is still around and financially healthy. I think that more folks interested in flying is a good thing, even if they have just a bit more than their fair share of 'strange units'. :D These are the people who'll take the time to turn out for things like Miegs or local pols trying to shut an airport down in other communities, and we need all the support we can get.

Minh

Last edited:
The problem with the airliners.net geniouses is they -think- that they know so much, yet they know so little. Reference this thread from a while back:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=48777

Yeah...lets post the aircraft registration information and have people call in and report the pilots based on a photo that they saw on an internet site. Give me a break.

Last edited:
I was going to say... I didn't mean to copy of the airliners.net thread saying that flightinfo.com forums were sad... LOL Has anyone ever tried to upload a picture to Airliners.net they always reject it no matter what you do. I've followed their recomendations and they still reject it. I know someone who has tried over 50 times (no they were not using a disposable camera) and they still got rejected. I think most of the "A.net er's" are American hating Europeans. :) Yes i just said that.

-Brian

awacs941 said:
I was going to say... I didn't mean to copy of the airliners.net thread saying that flightinfo.com forums were sad... LOL Has anyone ever tried to upload a picture to Airliners.net they always reject it no matter what you do. I've followed their recomendations and they still reject it. I know someone who has tried over 50 times (no they were not using a disposable camera) and they still got rejected. I think most of the "A.net er's" are American hating Europeans. :) Yes i just said that.

-Brian

But which America? There are a few of them. :)
But I know what you mean. I have tried and know of a few people that have taken excellent photos and submitted them only to be rejected.
I think it has become a "good ol' boys" club.

awacs941 said:
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]Quote From Airliners.net Forums:[/font]

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]It all happened just as I was walking to US Airways' concourse. I was putting my cell phone back into my pocket and when pulling my hand out, a five dollar bill slipped out and fell onto the floor. My reaction time as far as to noticing what happened was a bit slow, however once I started to turn around to pick it up, I see a US pilot walking behind me pick it up, and stick it into his pocket! He didn't know I saw him and I never said anything, but sheesh you think he would give it back to me right? There is no way he could have been walking that close to me and have seen that it came out of my pocket! [/font]-Brian

Seems kind of passive/aggressive to me. The a.net poster saw the pilot pick up the $5, but instead of saying something (such as a simple "Excuse me, that was my $5, I just dropped it when I was putting my cell phone away.") he keeps his mouth shut for the time being and posts a thread about it on an internet website. The fact of the matter is that he really has no way of knowing whether the pilot actually saw the bill fall or not. Most likely the guy was thinking "Ah! A $5 spot just layin' there on the ground! I can eat lunch now!" and I'd pick it up too. And if someone pointed out to me that it was theirs, I'd kindly give it back to them.

Try to keep your panties from bunching up there sport. The world ain't out to get ya.

But then again, perhaps it is a mistake to use logic to deal with an illogical premis.

-Goose

Edit: In my original post, I used "Brian" as the name of the poster at a.net. It has since come to my attention that Brian is the name of the author in this thread. I apologize for the mix up. (It probably could have been avoided if I had actually taken more than 10 seconds to read the post. I gotta work on that.)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back