• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airliner.net Forums Are Sad... Read This

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I submitted a few pics to that site when I was 17 (1998), and they are still there. They suck badly too. I guess they were not so picky back then.

To those of you that thought I was being harsh on the a.netters, I respect anyone's right to participate in a forum, be an airline enthusiast, whatever. The example of posting the registration information of the Westwind in St. Maarten and suggesting that the pilot was being careless and wreckless, BASED ON A PHOTO, was totally out of line, particularly by someone who was most likely not a pilot. As previously stated, it would not be that far-fetched to think that the information could be used to harass the operator. Many of those enthusiasts have no clue how a pilot's career can be affected by such misinformation and the sacrifices, care and effort we take to keep our certificates intact on a daily basis. There have been countless other examples of postings on that message board that were totally baseless and concluded from rumors that could have jeopardized one or more individual's livelihood or career, whether a pilot or other airline professional.

OMG, I gotta say, this thread is so funny! I don't truly think anyone means anything heartless when they type, but you guys on this message board please back up KittyKat, it is funny! I have been fascinated with planes and rockets since I was a kid.

Hawkerflyer has me rolling! I didn't even know what a "westwind" was till I went to oshkosh today! Can you imagine, even a tri motor!

thank god, I don't ask stupid questions( ok once in a while I do)

I was a pilot wannabe for years! I just wanted to learn what to do, how to hold the yoke, how to do an ifr, how to do a vfr, someone where inside me I would still like to take a flight lesson.

I could see how aviation buffs love to ask questions, deep down inside it is a fascination. Being married to a pilot, he told me alot, both my x husband and my financee have been flying since they were 14 years old. I am fascinated with those planes from the 30's and 40's.

Yes, there are some weird people out there, but we are all here for one reason and that is the love of flying!

I haven't checked out the other message board yet, but I'm sure it is a hit!

Love MissKittyKat

EDIT:

A couple of glasses of wine and a quiet evening with the wife, and I get all earnest and spill my life story. I should have a one glass of wine limit before I post.

Last edited:
MissKittyKat said:
I have been fascinated with planes and rockets since I was a kid.
uh oh...not another rocket scientist groupie! :eek: :D

hawkerflyer said:
To those of you that thought I was being harsh on the a.netters, I respect anyone's right to participate in a forum, be an airline enthusiast, whatever.
Don't appologize...I'm with ya bra...lets find out when they are having their summer forum picnic and crash it. Before they know what's going on and after we have stolen their chicks, we'll flip over their picnic tables and run like hell...while wearing t-shirts that say "flight instructor's homepage" on them.

REALLY?

No, not really. The flight instructor's homepage guys are cool...lets do it while wearing t-shirts from some PFT school, they'll love the publicity.

FN FAL said:
Before they know what's going on and after we have stolen their chicks...

I don't know about this, man. I'm imagining the airliners.net chicks.

****shudders*****

k_EAT=ho_ME said:
I don't know about this, man. I'm imagining the airliners.net chicks.

****shudders*****
We'd be doing it on "principle" alone...no need to use real names. :)

Latest resources

Back