• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline to dispute Concorde crash cause

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't think that's a dig against me, OPEC. (24 of 25 African Americans voted for Obama. I am the other 1.) This, and the Navy SEAL issue has me infuriated. I'm just wondering how many of these retired-military ALPA guys are going to join the cause for their country!

Frak that. That was at least five French governments ago, and the folks who actually helped us out in the 1780's all had their necks on the block within a decade, put there by their own people. Besides that, we've given more to them over the years than they can ever repay - in dollars, lives and sheer forbearance in not kicking their pathetic a$$es for just being obnoxious, arrogant pricks.
What kind of weed were you smokin', holmes?

This trial is in France? RU kidding me???? So an American A&P is gonna stand trial for manslaughter in France? You guys don't have a sack if you're not outraged by this! I don't care how many medals you have, or what rank you were attained. You just don't get it if this is okay with you. What happened to American sovereignty?
Couple of things here that left me with more questions than answers... Does the article say that the Continental A&P is a US Citizen? If MX had been done in CDG, it could very well be that the person is actually a French citizen. I also remember reading on Flight International (can't find the article right now) that the Mx procedure on the CO DC-10 was not FAA approved (again, cannot confirm or deny). In addition after reading the article, it seems that the French jurisdiction goes after their own as well.

I am not a fan of law suits and this trial is bound to get dirty and stir up some old resentments. Am just tired of immature xenophobia.

What kind of weed were you smokin', holmes?

Couple of things here that left me with more questions than answers... Does the article say that the Continental A&P is a US Citizen? If MX had been done in CDG, it could very well be that the person is actually a French citizen. I also remember reading on Flight International (can't find the article right now) that the Mx procedure on the CO DC-10 was not FAA approved (again, cannot confirm or deny). In addition after reading the article, it seems that the French jurisdiction goes after their own as well.

I am not a fan of law suits and this trial is bound to get dirty and stir up some old resentments. Am just tired of immature xenophobia.

The strip was put on in IAH and no one from IAH is going to be traveling to France to stand trial for manslaughter any time soon. The blame for this accident rests solely on the poor design of the airplane, not to mention the circumstances leading up to it which also contributed. The wear strip was a tiny part of those circumstances, most of them are on the French government and Air France.

They had an almost exact replica of this accident years ago in IAD and put a band aid on the airplane. The longer the French drag this out, the dumber they look.

The Mechanic isn't going over to France to stand trial. I believe the state department or some other government agency told him not to leave the country a few years ago. Guess they didn't want him to get picked up and extradited in another country.

Did any agency, French or American, ever try to reproduce the event? If you can "shread" an aircraft tire with a wear strip, then aircraft tires should be popping and bursting every day around the world.
And if there was no USA, there would be no France, twice over in fact.

Don't think that's a dig against me, OPEC. (24 of 25 African Americans voted for Obama. I am the other 1.) This, and the Navy SEAL issue has me infuriated. I'm just wondering how many of these retired-military ALPA guys are going to join the cause for their country!

Of course it wasn't a dig. How was anyone supposed to know you were African American anyway?

Latest resources

Back