• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline to dispute Concorde crash cause

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The French are the French and they absolutely deserve this ridicule... But let's also not forget that if it weren't for French, there would be no United States of America...

True statement. I think that dept was repaid in WWI and WWII though.

Did any agency, French or American, ever try to reproduce the event? If you can "shread" an aircraft tire with a wear strip, then aircraft tires should be popping and bursting every day around the world.

How'd you like to be the Mechanic on trial for manslaughter!!! Why does he have to stand trial in France? How can they make him go?

They forgot to mention a required runway sweep was not done, there was a spacer missing on one of the landing gear assemblies, and they were over weight for the runway and wind. Why let facts get in the way.

I seem to remember from an Aviation Week article that the missing spacer figured into why the Concorde was already deviating off runway centerline at that point(far enough to hit the metal strip), and that they'd have missed it had they been on centerline....

I seem to remember from an Aviation Week article that the missing spacer figured into why the Concorde was already deviating off runway centerline at that point(far enough to hit the metal strip), and that they'd have missed it had they been on centerline....

I remember discussion about this spacer in a couple documentaries as well... there was speculation without it (the spacer) that the wheel truck would be allowed to twist back and forth, however slightly, still enough to strain the sidewalls of the tires and weaken them over time.

If a plane can't withstand a shredded tire during takeoff without it becoming catastrophic then it is no one's fault but the manufacturer and operator of the plane.

The French are the French and they absolutely deserve this ridicule... But let's also not forget that if it weren't for French, there would be no United States of America...

Frak that. That was at least five French governments ago, and the folks who actually helped us out in the 1780's all had their necks on the block within a decade, put there by their own people. Besides that, we've given more to them over the years than they can ever repay - in dollars, lives and sheer forbearance in not kicking their pathetic a$$es for just being obnoxious, arrogant pricks.

This trial is in France? RU kidding me???? So an American A&P is gonna stand trial for manslaughter in France? You guys don't have a sack if you're not outraged by this! I don't care how many medals you have, or what rank you were attained. You just don't get it if this is okay with you. What happened to American sovereignty?

This trial is in France? RU kidding me???? So an American A&P is gonna stand trial for manslaughter in France? You guys don't have a sack if you're not outraged by this! I don't care how many medals you have, or what rank you were attained. You just don't get it if this is okay with you. What happened to American sovereignty?

Have you seen who the president is?

Latest resources

Back