Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Pilots, is this scenario possible?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...besides AA doesn't fly an MD-80/82/83/88, they fly a SUPER (duper?) 80.

Ultraman,

I checked our membership site and can confirm that he is not a AA pilot.

The site also lists any combination or partial names as well as any guy on leave or furloughed. He isn't there at all.

I don't have access to the American Eagle list. This is close to a security issue so maybe an Eagle guy here can check his list like I did.

Just a couple of observations. A 40 year old guy with only a commercial ticket is a red flag even if he was at Eagle. Most guys at that age would get the ATP 99% of the time. Another red flag is a 40 year old guy impersonating or "embellishing" about where he works. It's one thing for a 22 year old doing it at a bar to meet chicks, (good tactic ;) ), it's far weirder to do it at 40 at a family gathering.

The county where I live has a couple of great websites. One is the Sheriffs office that lists any arrest going back years. Another is the Clerk of Courts. They have every deed,license or conviction searchable by name online.

Don't leave any checkbooks or credit cards out.

Ultraman said:
I looked him up on the Landings database and he has a Commercial certificate with instructor's rating.
Well that pretty much tells you all you need to know. He's not a Captain anywhere, at any airline.

Confirming that he's not on the pilot list at American, and that his employment timeline is completely bogus is just icing on the cake.

Invite hime to a "family new years party" and you and your brothers and uncles beat the snot out of him.

1984 hires...

C-150ETOPS said:
No it's not. I'm an AA guy.

Out of 40 something B777's at AA there are only about 20 total original "B-Scale" guys hired around 1983 flying Captain on it, and all are bottom reserve at JFK or MIA. These are the "golden boys" at AA, all hired early in the first wave of pilots and all could have made CA in less than 6 years.
If you were young and hired at AA in 1984 - 1985, you were king. You could have been upgraded in 5-6 years and been a wide-body Captain out of NYC. You never saw furlough and are still doing okay.

Not the first, and certainly not the last, fraud to be found out on flightinfo.com.

Last edited:
Ultraman,
For no reason, other than the fact fact that I'm nosey, please let us know how this thing plays out. Thanks

As a professional airline jock I know I can't wait to get rid of that monkey suit and get into something comfortable like a nice pair of jeans. Go to a party with the monkey suit, hat, and yiiiikkkks trench coat. Oh I am sorry I guess it was this last Halloween, please tell me it was.............

"As a professional airline jock I know I can't wait to get rid of that monkey suit and get into something comfortable like a nice pair of jeans. Go to a party with the monkey suit, hat, and yiiiikkkks trench coat."

I agree. After 14+ hours polyester offers bystanders little protection from the effects of a persons "skidmarks". :D

I actually want to get a hold of this guy. Maybe he could impersonate me. I could offer him the glory of walking around as an airline pilot and I could sit home and collect my direct deposit "management fee". ;)

Merry Christmas

I'll let everyone know how this thing turns out. I've got a few more leads that I want to follow up on. (I knew there was a reason I studied criminal justice in college!

Any American Eagle pilots willing to check the list to see if this guy is on there?

Thanks for all the input.

Merry Christmas,

Ultraman

Ultraman said:
I'll let everyone know how this thing turns out. I've got a few more leads that I want to follow up on. (I knew there was a reason I studied criminal justice in college!

Any American Eagle pilots willing to check the list to see if this guy is on there?

Thanks for all the input.

Merry Christmas,

Ultraman
Ultraman,

I can check our seniority list for a name if you need to see if he is an Eagle pilot. I sure hope he is not, but anything is possible with that many pilots. It might be time for your niece to go missed approach on this cheeseball.

Private Message me his name if needed.

Good luck,

Cleared Direct

Latest resources

Back