Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Pilots, is this scenario possible?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
belchfire said:
Oh...well, I know that this guy isfull
of sheeite for sure. If he was a real
airline Captian he would have shown
up with the stripes, tie and ID hastily torn
off, a drink in one hand and lipstick on
his (unbuttoned) collar!

What a looser!

...and told us all about the DC3 that guided him in, right? :rolleyes:

sounds like the guy is full of bologna too...

-mini

PS
Ever notice how fun that Oscar Mayer song is? "cuz oscar mayer has a way with b-o-l-o-g-n-a!"

If anyone knows other companies where 15 years still puts you in the right seat, please post them. I guess there around, but I haven't heard of too many.

Doesn't that put you on the street a US Air now? Or did I hear wrong that they are back as far as 1987?

One major oversight. You can't be a Capt. in turbojet equipment without an ATP. If he has commercial pilot. He's full of it.

Busted!!!

Also check the FAA's database on him, he should have some type ratings which would back up his claim.

That is correct beernuts. 15 years puts you on the street at Airways.

beernuts said:
If anyone knows other companies where 15 years still puts you in the right seat, please post them. I guess there around, but I haven't heard of too many.

Doesn't that put you on the street a US Air now? Or did I hear wrong that they are back as far as 1987?

I checked the FAA registry and he has no, nada, zilch, type ratings.

Sounds like he's trying to pull the "Catch Me If You Can" scheme.

Ultraman

Ask him is it Terminal 2 or 3 ( its really 1 lol ) that AA use in Toyko, that should get him. As there is no T3, and T2 is used by Japan airlines, swiss, or China eastern airlines etc.... or ask him what the name of the airport he flies into... its Tokyo Narita International Airport

Thanks for the replies, guys.

C-150ETOPS, it's not my sister, but my niece.

I actually met the guy yesterday at a family Christmas gathering. I quizzed him as much as I could about the airlines and the 777 and he answered all the questions reasonably well, but I couldn't get his timeline to make sense.

He showed up at the party wearing his uniform, hat, trenchcoat and four stripes to boot! He said he was just returning from Tokyo.

I looked him up on the Landings database and he has a Commercial certificate with instructor's rating.

Oh well!
Ultraman

I checked every arrival from Narita Tokyo since Thursday. Every Captain had a seniority in the low triple digits, +30 years or so. The highest seniority FO's were a couple of guys on the west coast. Even they were hired before 1990. Aint no 1993 guy anywhere.

"whole milk" was right. All AA international FO's have to be type rated and ATP rated and also must hold a FAA Class I physicals so you got him there. Additionally, all AA FO's are prohibited from wearing the Captains stripes and hats as FO's even if they had been Captains before the cutbacks. (That's my case, but ok by me. I couldn't take someone calling me Captain after getting knocked back ;) )

1983 seniority: around 20 junior 777 CA's
1990 " " most junior 777 FO

Watch your checkbook and keep a eye on your niece. Email me a last name and first initial and I'll give you a YES/NO on his status. If "NO", call the TSA.
Personally, even as an AA pilot, impersonating one is weird for anyone with any knowledge of current events. With our "industry lowering" compensation standards, the costume shop must have been out of the Michael Jackson and Pee Wee Hermann costumes and only had the AA Captian uniform left. :D

Good luck

I'll reinfoce the fact that this guy's story is total B.S. For NATIVE AA'ers, staying at AA, the juniormost guy to ever make captain before the displacements and general slowdown was a 1991 hire. Flat-out impossible for a 1993 hire to have upgraded at AA to Capt. Sounds like a poser, possibly dangerous.

Ask for his seniority number or employee number. With that we can instantly expose him If you see an ID, his EN will be there.

C-150ETOPS,

Check your personal messages.

Thanks,

Ultraman

Latest resources

Back