Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyingtoohigh

Think of the Kittens
Mentioned on the previous thread entitled " Leave secure govt. job for SWA?" ...

... what perks do you get as an airline pilot, anyway?

Well, for starters, they offer an excellent "vacation" package. I just passed the 2 year mark last week! :cool:

Good luck....but have a good back-up plan. Sometimes these "extended vacations" get a little boring. Two weeks at a time is all I'm really looking for. ;)

Chicks dig us and guys think we're cool. And I always get complimentary espresso when in uniform!

Oh, don't forget all the really nice hotel rooms you get to stay in at all those exotic overnight destinations.

Also, if you go with a passenger operation you will never have to fly at night...ok, maybe some night flying. OK, so that's all I do, but I could fly in the daytime if I really wanted.

Hey, don't forget the privilege of non-revving to the hub and getting to people-watch for 7 hours while you and your wife and twin 3 year-olds wait for seats on the next 4 flights to your vacation destination.

Oh, did I mention that you were able to pull up loads on the company website that showed your flight wide open? At least it was before the equipment sub AND the earlier cancellation...:rolleyes: TC

Latest resources

Back