• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Mergers!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sources say that the deals will probable be stock exchanges, no one is interested in taking on additional debt, meaning true mergers. I believe the initial wave of consolidation will see Delta and United merge, then Northwest and US Airways will merge. The reports keeping talking about three carriers. I believe US Airways will be talking too. In 2008 4 legacy carriers will be reduced by 2.

Anti-Trust won't let it happen. Congress will protect their home turf...........in the end alot of money spent - nothing in return.

Quit laughing out loud so much, your old neighbors are starting to wonder....

Our ATL-DAKAR--JOBERG route is one of our best in terms of yields. In fact, we have upgraded it from a 767-300ER to a 767-400ER for the cargo and pax. Shanghai is looking great in bookings too, and Dubai is a money winner. Our first 777LR will be deployed on the JFK-BOM route thanks to the high need for cargo along with pax on that route, and a 777ER will be put on the PVG route.

As far as our name regognition in Asia, I bet it is less than UAL's or NWA's. It took awhile to get our name out there in Europe after we bought the Pan Am routes. It will take awhile, but it will be worth it. Keep laughing Jacko.

Bye Bye--General Lee

What are you talking about, the neighbors are here and also in hysterics watching you get led around by your nose.

This is actually fun... Who cares if a specific route is a stunning performer when your system as a whole underperforms NWA by a 7% margin and UAL by 3%. I can see why DAL is interested in NWA, DAL can't compete on margin and this may be a way to rectify that. You minimize the Pacific, however I think it not coincidental that the top two performers on margin are heavily vested there. That large sucking sound you hear is coming from that gapping hole in your route structure.

Anderson: "Hey UA want to merge?"

Tilton: "Weren't we here a year ago with the same question? We'll evaluate your proposal and determine if your still the best fit for us. But in any event, the UA name will prevail."

The Pan Am routes, nice... Do you need a history lesson regarding the staffing reallocation? I suggest that as a Delta guy, you keep that piece of history on the DL.

Love the Jacko bit, the resort of a weak and frightened mind.

Bye Bye--Spinup

Am I the only one who thinks that before discussing merging, these 3 airlines should pay back every dollar they dumped on the US taxpayer when they sodomized the PBGC?

What worthless POS's

Anti-Trust won't let it happen. Congress will protect their home turf...........in the end alot of money spent - nothing in return.
Sir with Oil approaching $100 dollars a barrel, there will be no Anti-Trust issues here. These airlines have lawyers and people in place that will work with the DOJ to get these deals done. (Please don't refer back to 2000 and United and US Airways. United walked away from that deal because of the labor issues and they were over their heads financially.) Some people may not want to see this transaction go forward, but something is going to happen. It's business not personal. We live in a global economy and have to prepare to thrive in a global economy. The politicans know it. They will not let foreign ownership over 25% yet. So the DOJ will be forced to look at these mergers from a global perspective. Bottom line that is what these carriers are positioning themselves for. To compete on a global scale. Folks 45% of the reserve global currency is in the Euro. When it becomes the primary reserve currency, look out for the dollar. Businessmen know this and are positioning themselves for the global economy not some political turf war!

It was just an opinion - my opinion. It was not an invitation to try to edumakate me on the global economy.

My opinion still stands. Nobody knows what is going to shake out so please don't come across as a Boyd wannabe.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back