• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where did I say anything about being on a good path? No wonder you are still stuck at a regional. You can't f'ing read, chief. This country has been on the wrong path for decades. Give me one news outlet or commentator who is not biased. Where did I bring up Jon Stewart? As far as teen beat, never heard of it. Since you seem to be up on the contents of teen beat, I guess I have to agree with Scope the Rj about some of your personal habits. Little too sen. craigish for me. Ciao, chief

Yeah-comparing 8 years of history vs. 8 months is real brainiac-level stuff, there chief.... If you really think we are on a good path, go buy a ton of treasuries-be sure to buy them for 10 or 20 years out-see if you ever get paid.

-You may go back to sucking your thumb and watching John Stewart now. You may also want to pick up a People and TeenBeat for some more cerebral reading material, once you feel like kicking the news and analysis factor up a notch or two, but overall-you will be very happy if you stick to these tried-and-true sources. We would never want to trouble you with the truth.

-Amazing....

The root cause of the financial meltdown is simple: Social engineering. once the govt. started trying to force banks to "loosen up lending rules" so that everyone could have a shot at "the american dream," things began to fall apart. Eventually, the banks couldn't find any investors stupid enough to buy the securities backed with their crazy loans, the govt stepped in and had Freddie and Fannie buy them, then turn around and sell them as repackaged bonds to nations who actually have money these days-like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordan, and China.

The meltdown is simple-the system tried to correct itself, tried to work out all the riff-raff companies, but unfortunately, the worst of the riff-raf was Freddiie and Fannie themselves. This whole mess was created because Clinton, Barney, Chris Dodd, and all sorts of other libs wanted to make everyone fell better about themselves. People feel real good when they can take out 125% on a house with no downpayment, get a 3-yr interest-only loan and go buy the biggest, badest Escalade wih 28" rims..... And some sweet pimped-out gold teeth-with little diamonds implated in them. They feel real good for just about 3 years.

-Guess who wants to "loosen lending standards" again, and "open up lending to disadvantaged people again?" Hint: It ain't W.

So it was ok for the banks to lend this money knowing dam well these people could not pay it back once the rates went up. But it would not be problem for them because they could sell the bad loan and walk away with a small profit. There is plenty of blame to go around, Democratic, Republican and all the Americans who made poor financial decisions.

If you or I did what these banks did we would be in jail right now.

Dollar vs Euro: approximate dates

1-1-2000(bush takes office): 1.0131

1-1-2003(r's totally in charge): 1.0622

7-1-2008: 1.5759

total change of 35%

1-1-2009:(bush gone, O in): 1.3244

11-06-2009: 1.4862

total change of 11%

Last 10yrs: Low vs. High

Low: 26oct2000: .8252
High: 16jul2008: 1.5888

difference of 58%

Yeah its all Obama and the Dems fault

You're right!!! You're right everything was great before Obama took office!!! He's only been in office for 11 months why don't you put the blame where it is due! I am a republican and saying this, Part of the reason why this country is in the position it is in is because no one is ever willing to take responsibility... MAN UP!! FYI, the Euro and the Pound have been clobering the Dollar for the past five years as it was that administrations opinion that a week Dollar improved trade. Read a book for pete's sake.

What can you do? If you are military stay in touch with your guard buddies...

I am a pilot recruiter for JetBlue, and our interview is much the same as SWA.

We both ask several questions about your past, but in the end it comes down to "would we enjoy sitting next to you for 4 days", and "would you be the type to take care of the customers."

Your resume gets you the interview, but your personality and honesty gets you the job.

That's what the interviewers always say, but honestly how many guys come through the door into the interview who you think will be complete disasters personality-wise and customer service-wise? The truth is AT LEAST 75% of the guys probably pass that test. And you can't give them all jobs. So you have to look at other things....

It is not a left or right issue, it is a politician issue. Politicians spend to stay in office, what they need to do is manage this country and not worry about the next term. Many would be surprised that we would vote them in again for doing the right thing, not the popular thing.

I have a question for current airline pilots. Eventually, the airlines will start hiring again. Let's use Southwest Airlines for an example. Individuals attend an interview at SWA. All the interviewees are well qualified to to flying for SWA. But in the end, only the few luck ones get the job offer from Southwest. WHAT non-flying qualities does the recruiting powers that be at Southwest determine whether or not to hire a person to fly for the company?

If you meet the companies stated qualifications good things on your resume are things like volunteer/charitable work, being active in your community (not to be confused with community organizer) What you’ve done with your free time besides de-flower virgins.

Latest resources

Back