• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In other words - very few pilots here are qualified to answer your question. I suggest Albie and emerald coast if you want a real answer.

Airlines still losing billions of dollars every year, economy still shedding close to 200,000 jobs a month, unemployment rate at 10.2%, and a million people are still getting kicked out of their house every 3 months. The current administration could probably use you in DC helping improve consumer confidence. I don't see the airlines doing any major hiring over the next couple years but hopefully I am wrong.

Unemployment is actually at 17.5 %. You are using the government watered down number.

If you want to get hired, don't wear a mickey mouse tie unless you are that type of person. They can see right through you and size you up in 2 min or less. Come prepared with good stories. aviationinterviews.com is a great site to see the questions asked.

Don't do a gouge. I feel that HR want genuine people that are all not gouged up. Best thing to do is relax and be able to talk about yourself. Many people come to the interview all stressed and can't relay their message. Tell your story and have fun. Play ping pong and foooooooosball. Cause its fun.

Dollar vs Euro: approximate dates

1-1-2000(bush takes office): 1.0131

1-1-2003(r's totally in charge): 1.0622

7-1-2008: 1.5759

total change of 35%

1-1-2009:(bush gone, O in): 1.3244

11-06-2009: 1.4862

total change of 11%

Last 10yrs: Low vs. High

Low: 26oct2000: .8252
High: 16jul2008: 1.5888

difference of 58%

Yeah its all Obama and the Dems fault

You have know idea what kind of storm we are about to get hit with. Brace for IMPACT.

The Euro is going to go up and the dollar will collapse. We've already handed out the booze to the alcoholic.

Invest in Gold. It is not too late. Buy Euro's, the de-coupling process from the United States has already begun. Other nations are getting out of dollars quietly. India just bought a ton of gold and China is next. 18 months from now you are going to eat those numbers. I like the Yen as well.

Good luck. To all you people that have faith in a economic recovery. Read Crashproof 2.0 by Peter Schiff. Or listen to his video blogs on youtube.He predicted all this mess.

Last edited:
i think i saw 5 posts that addressed the thread starter

for the rest of you

forget it, i had a big reply typed out but im not going to argue economics on a pilot message forum

I have a question for current airline pilots. Eventually, the airlines will start hiring again. Let's use Southwest Airlines for an example. Individuals attend an interview at SWA. All the interviewees are well qualified to to flying for SWA. But in the end, only the few luck ones get the job offer from Southwest. WHAT non-flying qualities does the recruiting powers that be at Southwest determine whether or not to hire a person to fly for the company?

I am a pilot recruiter for JetBlue, and our interview is much the same as SWA.

We both ask several questions about your past, but in the end it comes down to "would we enjoy sitting next to you for 4 days", and "would you be the type to take care of the customers."

Your resume gets you the interview, but your personality and honesty gets you the job.

Doooode,

I am not giving/nor looking for financial advice from a bunch of anonymus dip******************** pilots. I was just giving some factual/historical numbers refuting some narrowminded, rightwing, faux news watchin, rush limburgh listn, teabag ball licken glenn becken, nutjob. There are plenty or (a lot, alot) of places to get better financial advice then here. The point I was trying to make is that this mess, storm whatever you want to call it did not start in January, despite what the rightwing media tells you.

You have know idea what kind of storm we are about to get hit with. Brace for IMPACT.

The Euro is going to go up and the dollar will collapse. We've already handed out the booze to the alcoholic.

Invest in Gold. It is not too late. Buy Euro's, the de-coupling process from the United States has already begun. Other nations are getting out of dollars quietly. India just bought a ton of gold and China is next. 18 months from now you are going to eat those numbers. I like the Yen as well.

Good luck. To all you people that have faith in a economic recovery. Read Crashproof 2.0 by Peter Schiff. Or listen to his video blogs on youtube.He predicted all this mess.

Doooode,

I am not giving/nor looking for financial advice from a bunch of anonymus dip******************** pilots. I was just giving some factual/historical numbers refuting some narrowminded, rightwing, faux news watchin, rush limburgh listn, teabag ball licken glenn becken, nutjob. There are plenty or (a lot, alot) of places to get better financial advice then here. The point I was trying to make is that this mess, storm whatever you want to call it did not start in January, despite what the rightwing media tells you.

Yeah-comparing 8 years of history vs. 8 months is real brainiac-level stuff, there chief.... If you really think we are on a good path, go buy a ton of treasuries-be sure to buy them for 10 or 20 years out-see if you ever get paid.

-You may go back to sucking your thumb and watching John Stewart now. You may also want to pick up a People and TeenBeat for some more cerebral reading material, once you feel like kicking the news and analysis factor up a notch or two, but overall-you will be very happy if you stick to these tried-and-true sources. We would never want to trouble you with the truth.

-Amazing....

Doooode,

Right.... Obama says he inherited this, but then promtly tripled the deficit. Looks like his problem to me. Actually it's our problem now. Hopefully 2010 will start some real hope and change.

Obama
One Big Ass Mistake America

14 TRILLION cannot be paid off with out some major changes by all of us. I do not care what side of the isle you are on, that is the fact. Many programs need to be deleted off the books, we need to pay our bills.

I personally think that the Federal Government should hire Dave Ramsey!

Governments typically love inflation after a big spending spree it allows them to pay back the debt with money that is worth a lot less. IMHO we will see a devaluing of the dollar by at least 30% in the near term. (FWIW it took 10 years to devalue it 30% most recently)

I found this book to be a very interesting read as it was written in 1997 and the evens around 2006 have happened.
http://www.fourthturning.com/

Last edited:
The above does not mean that airlines are not going to hire. I think that you will some hiring within the next 18-24 months!

Latest resources

Back