• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whether he spells Alot ALOTT a lot doesn't mater to the fact. he is right the dollar was at it's lowest value to the Euro in summer of 08 since then it has Climbed a bit but now it is falling.. Which Is good for many of us who have lost jobs and now work over sea. cuz Our new Checks are going much farther at home, Plus I know many people coming to the USA spending on vacations, airline tickets and investing. so this low dollar increasing spending in OUr country and brings in more cash to our Tax coffers.
My 2 cents/ or I mean Now 3 cents

O.K. fine. I'm with you so far. But, how do you explain our dollar getting weaker, with making Europe need it more? Actually, isn't it quite the contrary? Bush wasn't the best, NO. I'll give you that. BUT WHEN are these people that say, "oh sure blame Obama", gonna admit all that "change" crap he barfed was just a bunch of B.S.? You know people investing here? I find that hard to believe. At least Bush wasn't a tele-prompter tennis match when he gave a speech. HE NEVER LOOKS INTO THE CAMERA! Ever! Keep using Bush as a defense for this FURTHER mess we're in.

What will be very bad for all Americans is if the Fed starts printing money with no backing. That may happen if we need another bailout and no one wants to buy the bonds.
We know this, and the ppl with the brains know this, so maybe just maybe we will not repeat history, and actually motor out of this mess.

Just check out Alaska Airlines. Over $1 billion in the bank, just had one of their best quarters in many years, and still have more than 100 pilots on furlough. The new reality is airlines are doing more with less employees (kind of like SWA has been doing for over 30 years).

An interesting conversation this conversation this turned into. I guess the main idea of this thread and the comments here is to do your best and your chances are good to get the job as a pilot.........one day.

What will be very bad for all Americans is if the Fed starts printing money with no backing. That may happen if we need another bailout and no one wants to buy the bonds.
We know this, and the ppl with the brains know this, so maybe just maybe we will not repeat history, and actually motor out of this mess.

The Fed has been printing money without anything tangible backing it up for decades.... What will really screw things up will be when China and all the rich middle eastern countries decide that the dollar is no longer good to invest in.... I think the amount of treasuries we are selling is rapidly outpacing these countires' willingness to buy any more. You see-all these countries have been buying treasuries with the full expectation that we will actually pay them back. With all this insane govt. spending, that is looking more and more like a mathematical impossibility.

-We are in very serious times, here-that is some "change" we cannot ignore.

-The economic impact of 9-11 looks like a sappy teletubbies episode compared to the horror show which is so clearly ahead of us. (I don't care whether you believe FoxNews is "fair and balanced" or not, we are in the makings of a huge, nasty mess-simply facts)

Last edited:
The Fed has been printing money without anything tangible backing it up for decades.... What will really screw things up will be when China and all the rich middle eastern countries decide that the dollar is no longer good to invest in.... I think the amount of treasuries we are selling is rapidly outpacing these countires' willingness to buy any more. You see-all these countries have been buying treasuries with the full expectation that we will actually pay them back. With all this insane govt. spending, that is looking more and more like a mathematical impossibility.

-We are in very serious times, here-that is some "change" we cannot ignore.

-The economic impact of 9-11 looks like a sappy teletubbies episode compared to the horror show which is so clearly ahead of us. (I don't care whether you believe FoxNews is "fair and balanced" or not, we are in the makings of a huge, nasty mess-simply facts)

That was my point. To date the money being printed has been backed by countries like China buying the government backed securities. My point was that if we start printing/diluting with no backing. It will create isolationism since Americans will not be able to travel overseas as the dollar will be worth less than it is today.

I agree the the US dollar and its sustainability are at a cross-roads. What we do from here will determine a lot for this country and our industry.

My advice, is to drink heavily.

That was my point. To date the money being printed has been backed by countries like China buying the government backed securities. My point was that if we start printing/diluting with no backing. It will create isolationism since Americans will not be able to travel overseas as the dollar will be worth less than it is today.

I agree the the US dollar and its sustainability are at a cross-roads. What we do from here will determine a lot for this country and our industry.

You are correct.... Once we start down that road, hyperinflation will follow. That is the danger of not backing your currency with any type of commodity. I have faith that things will work themselves out eventually, but we absolutely have to get govt. spending under control-it is completely off the chart right now, we are in very dangerous territory.... Safe passage is far from assured. (As you can see from this chart, things look pretty hopeless right now-no matter how high the tax rate climbs, we cannot pay for this crap.)

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/bush-deficit-vs-obama-deficit-in-pictures/

-And people THOUGHT Bush spent like a drunken monkey.

Like any other job interview, just them them you would do your own a**hole if the company told you to. They will hire you on the spot.

An interesting conversation this conversation this turned into. I guess the main idea of this thread and the comments here is to do your best and your chances are good to get the job as a pilot.........one day.

Back to your question.

Something that might be helpful and give you a little insight is interview prepping.

There are two camps on interview prep, one is not to do it so answers don't seem so canned. The other is to prep, and this is why. The interview can be a very intimidating experience because strangers are judging you - noone likes to be evaluated.

Prepping will help you organize your thoughts - you will feel more confident and understand the strategy to employ in answering a question that you haven't heard. Most of these prepping services have the gouge on each individual airline and can tell you what they each are looking for. Some cultures are unique, like Southwest, and others are variations of cultures, like the legacy carriers. Prepping will help you understand what THEY want to see. You already know who you want to work for and prepping will help you bring out that side of your personality.

My advice is to find a good prep and do it. Don't do it now, wait for an invitation to interview so you are well motivated.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back