Airline flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Captain Overs said:
Most of you guys who complain crack me up. The company could come to you and tell you that they were going to pay you $1,000,000 to work one day a week and you'd bitch because it was a Friday.

Guys who make the stupid statement you made above are often the same guys who started off "flying for free to get experience" and later become the guys that are "willing to do whatever it takes", which seems to include the famous "I never call in sick" . . . . guys like you aren't helping, either.

Schmoke-en!

Deadalus said:
Wellll. A friend was dating a nurse, a stripper, and a flight attendant all at the same time. He said the nurse was the nastiest slut of them all.

You say that like it's a bad thing . . . Nurses, especially ER nurses, are the best. Throw a little tequila on that fire! Yeah. Baby!!!!!!!!! Look out!

Ty Webb said:
You say that like it's a bad thing . . . Nurses, especially ER nurses, are the best. Throw a little tequila on that fire! Yeah. Baby!!!!!!!!! Look out!

Maybe this will be the start of a new thread: "Whats the skankiest profession?"

For what its worth Aviation jobs are all like piles of crap...and we (pilots) are flies...we zip around and understand that crap is well...crap. But then we find one that the stink isn't as bad as the rest and go with it. I have lots of friends with "regular" jobs and it seems to me that our "piles of crap" are simply skid marks compared to their piles of crap. Not to mention most that I know that make a ton of cash would trade places with almost any of us in a blink of an eye.
Oh, and one last thing...God Bless skanky nurses. LOL

Deadalus said:
The big advantage with other highly trained professions is that you can just walk, often times to a higher paying job.

But we all knew that coming in....didn't we? Guppy Puppy, you knew this when you first decided you wanted to be an airline pilot....didn't you?....

Tejas

I hate it when someone is disatisfied with there job and tells everyone who may be looking for a good flying career to back off.

I absolutly LOVE being an airline pilot. I still fly jets for the Navy so I know what real flying is, but truly do like airline flying as well. It's a challenge to fly the 744 well on every leg. I watch captains screw the pooch on occasion and all I want is to be as good as them.

My first year pay was still a pay raise compared to 19 years active in the military, I love the people I fly with and have a blast on overnights with them all over the world, the company is making tons of cash and is expanding, and I get many days off at my home in San Diego

Maybe i'm the excpetion, but I don't think I would be happy doing ANYTHING else.

If it's lousy for you move into another airline or get out all together. Miserable people suck.

New guys, don't listlen to only the negitive. There are great things to be had in the airline industry. Just keep an open mind, do some hard research and find the place that's best for YOU.

Latest resources

Back