Airline flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Captain Overs said:
Most of you guys who complain crack me up. The company could come to you and tell you that they were going to pay you $1,000,000 to work one day a week and you'd bitch because it was a Friday.

That's the truth. Grass is always "greener" on the other side. I have 19 days off next month. This job is the worst...:)

Too funny

I can't believe it. Visiting a friend who's a pilot so I decide to log onto old flightinfo.com. What's the first thread I see? How much aviation sucks. Can't say I miss it that much. The big advantage with other highly trained professions is that you can just walk, often times to a higher paying job. Employers know this and treat you accordingly. The problem with airline pilots is management knows they've got you by the balls.
Price of new boat-$90,000
Price of 355(used)-$85000
Not having to deal with some dumb, whore flight attendant
saying something totally annoying-priceless
Seriously, best of luck to you guys and gals

Deadalus said:
Not having to deal with some dumb, whore flight attendant
saying something totally annoying-priceless
Seriously, best of luck to you guys and gals

Oooooh...someone must have gotten burned by a "whore" flight attendant. Last I checked, pilots weren't friggin angels either.

In any case...there is a way to not have to deal with FA's.....fly cargo....it's priceless.

Wellll. A friend was dating a nurse, a stripper, and a flight attendant all at the same time. He said the nurse was the nastiest slut of them all. But, then again he's the kind of guy that would crush little Magadeaths heart.

There are a lot of jobs that stink. It is not necessarily the companies fault. Afterall, it isn't a dream come true for most people to be a quality technician for a door knob company. Monster.com wouldn't be popular if it weren't for job dissatisfaction - whether it be the job itself and/or the company = or perhaps the indvidual themself. Bottom line is a person has a chance to enjoy their craft with flying and enjoy the company of fellow aviators. Keep your guard up.

Captain Overs said:
Most of you guys who complain crack me up. The company could come to you and tell you that they were going to pay you $1,000,000 to work one day a week and you'd bitch because it was a Friday.

HEY, Where's that job listing? I'll work any Friday for that pay. No Sunday afternoons, or Monday evenings during football season. No early mornings, or all-nighters.

Whats the QOL!

accinelli said:
If you don't like it quit -- no one's being forced into a lifetime of flying.

Amen.

Deadalus said:
The big advantage with other highly trained professions is that you can just walk, often times to a higher paying job. Employers know this and treat you accordingly. The problem with airline pilots is management knows they've got you by the balls.

This is the absolute truth! This is THE real reason for the "downward spiral". The kicker is that pilots have imposed this on themselves. If pilots could see beyond the end of their noses and develop some sort of national seniority list, we could hand ourselves some real negotiating power. However, I know that I'm pi$$ing into the wind by saying that. Pilots will never accept any short-term pain for long-term gain.

humuakalaka said:
This is the absolute truth! This is THE real reason for the "downward spiral". The kicker is that pilots have imposed this on themselves. If pilots could see beyond the end of their noses and develop some sort of national seniority list, we could hand ourselves some real negotiating power. However, I know that I'm pi$$ing into the wind by saying that. Pilots will never accept any short-term pain for long-term gain.

Agreed. Quickest (only) way to fix our problems is from the bottom up, not from the top down. 30k to start at a major? Criminal.

Deadalus said:
But, then again he's the kind of guy that would crush little Magadeaths heart.

Is he hot? Does he have a nice a$$? If it ain't tight, it ain't right.

Latest resources

Back