• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wiskey or Xjet,, serious responses would be great

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd lean towards whichever one has domiciles you can see yourself living in.

Research the work rules a bit. Work rules have a lot to do with QOL.

Personally I'd be leaning towards AirWhisky. When XJet loses the exclusivity with CO they will be taking concessions or losing flying but hopefully not both. AirWhisky has partnered with Airways. Post bankruptcy and merger they could be a force to reckon with. If their agreements are long term it could work out pretty well.

These are just guesses. Noone on this board can tell you exactly what's going to happen. I'm the first to admit I could be reading the tea leaves incorrectly.

You people saying Xjet is going to get hosed dont even work here so what do you know? Nothing but rumors, doom and gloom. Cal and XJET have a really good working relationship and it really isnt in CALs best intrest to change a good thing. Its working why change. Plus CALs scope clause says nothing bigger than 50 seats will be flown by anyone else but CAL for now so we will see. Who really knows. Take it day by day.

Needless to say both are good companies choose the company that has the bases you want. Its all a crapshoot where ever you go. Its a great job in a horrible industry.

Last edited:
crashpad said:
Air Wisco is a big risk with the real possibility of an even bigger payoff!!!
You could easily be in the left seat of an E190 within 5 years, but if everyone knew this then everyone would be applying there.
It just comes down to how solid you are in your beliefs.
Good Luck.

where did you come up with that? At AAA the e190 is a mainine aircraft.

Superpilot92 said:
Needless to say both are good companies choose the company that has the bases you want. Its all a crapshoot where ever you go. Its a great job in a horrible industry.
Agreed

Superpilot92 said:
Cal and XJET have a really good working relationship and it really isnt in CALs best intrest to change a good thing. Its working why change.

Wisconsin and United used to hve a good working realtionship that was working yet they changed it. The problem here is you are using common sense. Think like an airline exec. and throw logic out the window. It all comes down to who is cheaper, not who provides a better product.

Mongolikecandy said:
Wisconsin and United used to hve a good working realtionship that was working yet they changed it. The problem here is you are using common sense. Think like an airline exec. and throw logic out the window. It all comes down to who is cheaper, not who provides a better product.

Well said. Things can change overnight.

Superpilot92 said:
You people saying Xjet is going to get hosed dont even work here so what do you know? Nothing but rumors, doom and gloom. Cal and XJET have a really good working relationship and it really isnt in CALs best intrest to change a good thing. Its working why change. Plus CALs scope clause says nothing bigger than 50 seats will be flown by anyone else but CAL for now so we will see. Who really knows. Take it day by day.

Mesa and UAL had a crappy relationship which led to Mesa getting fired by UAL in 1997. Now look at all the UAL flying being performed by Mesa although I've heard rumors things might change after UAL gets out of bankruptcy.

I didn't say CAL and Xjet didn't get along.

As far as scope clauses go we've all watched where those have gotten us.

Relax I'm not slamming XJet. And I wish you guys the best. I'd rather see you grow then see flying go to companies like G0-Jets.

All I was pointing out is that AirWhisky might, and I emphasize might, be positioned a bit better than XJet.

thanks

I am from nj closer to philly so obviously air wiskey would be better but I really dont care where I live. I have a class date already with one of the companies and I took it,, I am afraid I might get the offer from the other one and not have enough time to let the first one know,,, not to mention I still have to put in my two weeks at my current 121.. Guess I have to do a little soul searching.. Both planes are great but I know most people say the erj is better,, who knows air wis might have 70 seaters soon enough.

Latest resources

Back