Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
commuter clause

We did not get a commuter clause in our contract for a good reason. Our MEC chair wrote a good letter to all the pilots about it. I know I would not do justice to what he said but here goes. AWAC operates on an honesty policy. You should try your best to get to work and not give yourself just two flights if the loads are bad. You have to put effort into your commute and be proactive with load checking. That is kind of screwing the company on purpose if you just give two chances because that is all you have to give. It uses more reserves and makes more work for the crew schedulers at the last minute. I commuted for a while and had some hard times. I called crew scheduling and told them I was going to be late or was not going to make it when I knew (happened only twice in eleven months and very got in trouble). They try to help you out and do what they can by listing you on flights or jumpseats (if it is on AWAC). Also, they can call out a reserve to do your trip if you give them time. If it becomes a regular thing and it is evident you are not trying then you will have to "have coffee" with the chief pilot at the very least. I know of one pilot who missed four trips over a short period of time got a week off without pay. Termination is a possibility but would only be a last resort if you were abusing the slack you are given. Basically, honesty is our policy, and it works.

I am hoping to hear something soon, but have not yet. 2600TT, ATP, 1300 ME, internal recommendation

Give it time, I had the opportunity to speak with Kristy yesterday and she informed that she is doing her very best. So guys just be patient. She is overwhelmed right now with all that is happening and is trying to get to as many people as she can. I respect the hell out of her and the enormous pressure she is under day to day to get us staffed. If and when you get the call let her know that she is doing a great job. People like to know that they are appreciated.

WD.

For 414flyer,

I know how your feeling I am in the same boat as you and have several close friends at Willy. I will be patient though, it seems like a lot of the people they are bringing on right away are all prior or current 121.

Good luck to you:cool:

Furloughees

Wiskey Driver,

Have you heard if they will interview any furloughees from big brother <big grin>. I assuming faxing and emailing your resume are the approved methods to get into line.

Humble

I think I could very well get an interview call, since I do have some decent time, and have friends who there who have flown with me. What scares me is that I have zero experience with a sim, and since I have no 121 time, a sim ride will be required.

Also I get about zero IFR here in NM, so I try to always hand fly to keep my scan from being completely degraded. But holding instructions are a distant memory..I can just imagine getting a hold and I have to pull out some paper, and draw the darn thing out to figure out what to do :)

414 flyer,

If you get the call you should set up some time in the sim ahead of time. The guy who does the sim rides also does sim prep for interviews. They use an elite sim set up as a king air 200. Let me know, I think I have his phone and website address somewhere and I can get it to you. Do you have some turbine time?

av8br,

I too am hoping to get an interview call soon. Could you please post the sim prep info here for all of us to see as well.

Thanks,
BW

Hi!

What is the situation with the Appleton base? Can you still get it as a new hire? Are they slowly closing App and going all to DEN/ORD? If hired by AWAC, App would be my first choice.

Del Cross is the guy in Appleton who does the sim check for Appleton applicants. He is a BAE-146 capt and will be retiring soon. His sim is excellent and he is a great instructor.

For the NM guy: If you go on the sim instructor web site, (I don't know the address-I found it by searching) you can find a geographic listing of home-based sim instructors (Del is on the list). You can probably find an airline pilot in your area that does the same thing as Dell does.

Good luck.

Cliff
GRB

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back