Air Wisconsin?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psw757

Can anyone tell me how the PHL schedules are at AWAC? What is the junior base going to be? Also, how are the lines built 80-85 hours or more/less? How many hours do you actually get paid for with all the work rules/block or better etc... what are the min days off for a reserve/line holder? What are the average days off for most lines? How are the benefits/401k(what is the match)? Any retirement fund?

Thanks for any info!

psw757 said:
Can anyone tell me how the PHL schedules are at AWAC? What is the junior base going to be? Also, how are the lines built 80-85 hours or more/less? How many hours do you actually get paid for with all the work rules/block or better etc... what are the min days off for a reserve/line holder? What are the average days off for most lines? How are the benefits/401k(what is the match)? Any retirement fund?

Thanks for any info!

1.Not sure about PHL schedules. (lots of deadheads though)
2. Juniour bases will be DCA and ORF. Not sure yet which will go more junior.
3. Most lines between 80 and 90 hours, trip and duty rig might boost a line up an hour or two. All depends.
4.Min days off for reserve or line holder is 12 days.
5. Average days off 12-15 with sometimes, not often, up to 18.(low credit- 75 hour guarentee)
6. After probation company will match 3% with a minimum of a 7% pilot contribution.

This should all be accurate. If you have any questions, PM me.

401(k) match is actually 6% for the first 7% that the individual elects to put in. 3% company defined contribution + 3% company match. I personally put in 10% and they contribute 6%.

Last month I was able to credit 105 hours with 12 days off (84 of flight time). Reasons...some under blocks paid at the scheduled block time, plus over blocks paid at actual block time, plus picked up a 2 day trip that was one leg (ORD-MLI) on the first day but paid 4.5 hours (3 hour min day at time and a half). That 2 day trip credited 11 hours and I only blocked 6 hours.

We are really short pilots right now, I have been called to be junior manned on both of my last days off. I chose not to answer the phone, but for some motivated folks JMing could be very lucrative.

Mayday.

Mayday911 said:
401(k) match is actually 6% for the first 7% that the individual elects to put in. 3% company defined contribution + 3% company match. I personally put in 10% and they contribute 6%.
Just to add that you have to work there for 6 years before you get to keep 100% of the company contribution. You can keep 20% if you leave after 2 years. 40% after 3 and so on. It's a good deal if you plan to be there for a while.

Just a bit more on the retirement. in 2006 the match goes up to 7% total with your 8% contribution. and in 2008 it goes to 8% total for 9% contribution. Probably one of the best i nthe industry now that all the pensions are getting wiped out.

As for the PHL schedules, for the FO's in Sept. Mostly 13-15 days off and 85-90 scheduled pay credit but like the others have said with duty rig, trip rig, over block and delays you can usually add 10% to your average total pay for the month.

Good news out on the wire today. Company will be upgrading 40 new Captains in the next few months to cover attrition. If we retain some of the bac jet flying in denver and/or the 190 USAir flying there will probably be more upgrades on the horizen.

Good luck to all everyone who wants to get aboard

DD

Company will add 3% of your gross pre tax pay from day 1 NOT after you finish probation. Also vesting is based on 425 hours of service per year. If like me you joined early in the beginning of a year you can get in those hours in you probation year, which also means you can leave fully vested in under 5 years! I was fully vested in 5 years.

Nofu@K, Va will be junior base all round for pilots as who can get there unless you live close by. Although most of the senior tail gunners seem to think moving to the beach area is going to be fun.

I know you guys are just speculating, but what do you think the chance is of a new hire being awarded DCA? Call me crazy, but I love the area and would love the base. BTW, see some of you on monday!

Thanks

Don't count on being awarded a positition for about two weeks, we are due to get a realignment this week. We bid on that, and the newhire class gets the leftovers.....results usaully come out two weeks later.

Depends on how big your class is....honestly I would say the majority if not all of your class will be awarded ORF RSV (Norfolk/Reserve) if your class is around 10. If your class is around 20 then you have a shot. We have a sh.it ton of reserves in PHL and quite a few of those guys were displaced from IAD (Indy guys that will probably want to get back there......DCA RSV. IAD RSV will probably also be backfilled/available).

Don't worry about what you get awarded initially. You'll still have about 2 months of training before you hit the line. I have a feeling at least one if not more realignments, not to mention new hire classes will come out during that time as they fine tune things. By the time you actually bid for a schedule you will probably be able to see a spot in either Dulles or National. They have alot of things they are trying to predict and work with right now and one of those huge things is attrition. Welcome! AD

Last edited:
avrodriver said:
Don't count on getting being awarded a positition for about two weeks, we are due to get a realignment this week. We bid on that, and the newhire class gets the leftovers.....results usaully come out two weeks later.

Depends on how big your class is....honestly I would say the majority if not all of your class will be awarded ORF RSV (Norfolk/Reserve) if your class is around 10. If your class is around 20 then you have a shot. We have a sh.it ton of reserves in PHL and quite a few of those guys were displaced from IAD (Indy guys that will probably want to get back there......DCA RSV. IAD RSV will probably also be backfilled/available).

Don't worry about what you get awarded initially. You'll still have about 2 months of training before you hit the line. I have a feeling at least one if not more realignments, not to mention new hire classes will come out during that time as they fine tune things. By the time you actually bid for a schedule you will probably be able to see a spot in either Dulles or National. They have alot of things they are trying to predict and work with right now and one of those huge things is attrition. Welcome! AD

Thank you very much for the well thought out responce. It will be interesting to see how things pan out, but I find it unlikely like you said that I will get DCA out of the box,(I am probably one of the youngest in class at 22) maybe before class ends though. THanks again.

Latest resources

Back