• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If flyI goes under they will have plenty of IAD area people to hire from. Don't know if they are actually waiting for that to happen but it is a thought that crossed my mind.

even if FLYI goes TU today I don't think that they would be dissolved right away. They had a lot of cash when this whole thing got started and I dont' think that two quarters of high fuel cost and low loads are going to get them right away. I think anyone drooling for their demise will not get what they want. most likley a MESA purchase. And that will be bad for all of us.

WhiteCloud said:
It's just the long upgrade time that discourages some. Because AWAC is generally one of the best regionals to work for there is less movement. No matter how you look at it the cost of living and buying a home near IAD is prohibitive on an AWAC CA's salary alone.

not entirely true about buying homes near iad.......it can be done if you know the right broker. a good broker will get your mortgage payment to be less that the rent you pay around here.

regards,
willy FO/ Mortg. Broker

I heard that AWAC was getting 30 EMB 190's and that the 146's would drop down to 10. I also heard that the financing for the 20 RJs expires at the end of this year....so management is in a hurry to get those orders in. Apparently we should be hearing something in a couple of weeks.

P.S. I heard this from a pilot who heard from another pilot who has a friend who works in the training dept. So take it for what it's worth ; )

Dashdriver,

I have always wondered what it was like to fly that BAe146. Do you enjoy it? Is there an FMS on that thing? I saw a few in Denver and I guess they are used for Aspen flights? Who flies those flights? Just curious. What kind of trips do you have on that plane?

Bye Bye--General Lee

APUinop said:
not entirely true about buying homes near iad.......it can be done if you know the right broker. a good broker will get your mortgage payment to be less that the rent you pay around here.

regards,
willy FO/ Mortg. Broker
It's posts like this one that make America great! I happily stand corrected and hope you can work out some deals for those that are moving here.

WhiteCloud said:
It's posts like this one that make America great! I happily stand corrected and hope you can work out some deals for those that are moving here.

would love to help as many as possible......perhaps a flyer in the crew room would help. to any fellow air willy, looking to buy or refi not only in dulles but anywhere, PM me and i will help in any way i can.

regards

General Lee said:
Dashdriver,

I have always wondered what it was like to fly that BAe146. Do you enjoy it? Is there an FMS on that thing? I saw a few in Denver and I guess they are used for Aspen flights? Who flies those flights? Just curious. What kind of trips do you have on that plane?

Bye Bye--General Lee
General,

The 146 is a great little airplane to fly. They are getting a little old (the one I flew the other day has 52000+ cycles), but they are built well. It's a very stable machine and can do some pretty amazing things if we need it to.

AWAC aircraft have a dual GNS-XLS FMS installation and should have ACARS installed by early next year, or so they say. The rest of the cockpit is steam gauges. The DEN based crews fly the mountain stuff including Aspen year round, with added service during the ski season. With four engines, it's about the only jet that is capable of flying in and out of there. We have an FMS GPS approach that we built to serve ASE during non-visual conditions. The controllers hate its slow .70 cruise speed, but what's the hurry? :)

UAL has us currently serving the following cities with our fleet of 18 146's:
DEN, ATW, ORD, LNK, CID, MKE, MSN, SBN, IAD, RDU, ORF, MLI, DSM, ASE, ROC, SYR, ICT, and probably a few I missed.

The agreement with UAL allows us to fly 88 seat -200 models and 100 seat -300 models. They can reduce the fleet in 2005 to 10, but with the low CASM, I don't think they will.

Thanks jrod. I saw one last Winter when I did an ATL--Hayden turn one Saturday and it really looked nice. It was very quiet also. It also sounds like you guys get a good mix of cities, with LA and SFO in the Winter from ASE.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back