• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Um.... furloughed guys are getting 328 captain. So that means something like 4 - 6 months on the property. We have 10 328's and a 1.5 year seat lock due to a L.O.A. Don't bank on a fast upgrade. This fast 328 upgrade is working well for a specific few, but will come to an almost complete stop before long. Don't come here only for a fast upgrade, you'll soon be disapointed if that's your sole motivation.

S.

Beechnut, you are so right. It seems like everyone is out for the quick upgrade. If that is what you want these days you need to go to lakes or something. Everything is slowing down a little, but you never know when it might be fast again. AWAC is fast now but things will slow down, especially in the 328. Choose an airline now for lifestyle, not for upgrade. You might be stuck at that place for a few years (or a career). Upgrade will come with time. Also, RJ upgrade awards are running at about two years. RJ upgrades MIGHT stay like this for a while and possible go even more junior than two years. Notice I said might.

There currently is no back fill for the D328 Captain Reserve. That means that upgrade bid awards have stopped for the D328 until/if the no back fill is rescinded. I am betting the RJ upgrade is available before the 328 due to the 18 month seat lock provision of the LOA.

Hi!

Can new guys still get into the -146. Are you buying AVROs to replace the old -146s, or just CRJs. How many CRJs for AirTran?

Cliff
GRB

Yes you can get on the 146. The oldest in class picks first and so on. I have heard the Avro rumor but have yet to see one. Air Tran deal called for ten to start with and will go up from there. The whole upgrade desire that seems to be sweeping the nation right now, it ain't happening here. I have to stand by my brothers Cheeze pilot and Beechnut if that's what you want take a long look at GLA and get ready for the BS.

WD.

Avros

I interviewed at Air Wisconsin a week and a half ago. Kristi Christman said that there are no plans to get Avros. Btw, I got the job! (trading in my fourth stripe for a life!)

Whisky Driver is right. If you plan to go to Lakes, definitely get ready for the BS!

In upgrade ground school last week we were told that the company had redone the leases on the 146's and it now costs less to run the 146 then it does the RJ. So, no new Avros for us.

Terry

I started class on October 14th and this was the breakdown for airplanes:

6 146 DEN
6 328 DEN
2 CRJ ORD
4 CRJ ATL

All of these positions are reserve.

Hey Capt Morgan,
Can you give an update as to how many are in that class? Also what are the age ranges of the guys in the class? Any idea of the trng schedule also would be appreciated (ie indoc, systems, sim). Good luck in trng!!
Jimbo

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back