Air Wisconsin Vs. Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skychicken

I have recently received job offers from both AWAC and Pinnacle. I could use ANY info to help me make my decision! Thanks!

IHaveAPension said:
Pinnacle for sure. More growth.

More growth?? Hows that. I'd say in terms of growth these two are neck to neck at close to..........NONE. More bodies to climb at PCL.....I guess you can take that into concideration.

People are always throwing up these X verses Y things and never giving any information on what's important to them in their situation.

How about you tell us what attracted you to both in the first place. The Pros and Cons as you see them....then maybe people can help you fine tune your particular situation.

Piker

Last edited:
Depends on several things...where would you like to be based? There's a better corporate culture at Willy. Does the United/USAir thing scare you? Do you mind a slow upgrade? Let's go to the scorecards...

I score it 115 to 113 for AW.

Contract negotiations won't be very pretty here at 9E. Especially under umbrella of the evil red empire. Good luck whatever you choose.

Rook

I work for AWAC. I've had friends that worked at 9E.

9E is pretty much done growing. AWAC is done for the moment, but that may change in the future. The company is currently participating in the 90 seat bidding with USAirways. They are trying to avoid trading 50 seaters for 90 seaters. They want to grow the fleet. Not stay the same size.

I don't know anything about attrition at 9E. At AWAC, we are starting to lose lots of people to other airlines. Captains are leaving for every large airline that is hiring. Some others have decided they don't want to commute to the east coast and are leaving the industry all together. Long story short, I would expect that AWAC would provide more upward mobility than 9E.

Corporate culture is a BIG deal in this one. AWAC is a very well run company from the standpoint of a pilot. My planes are well maintained, I have a pretty good contract, my dispatchers are top notch, and the pilot managers truly try to do right by the pilot group. I know that this company won't try to force me into doing something illegal or unsafe. As a pilot, I feel very well supported in my day to day operations. Its not all roses. We are currently displacing the entire company and the scheduling department can be difficult to deal with (managers fault, not the individual schedulers). But, all in all, its a good place to hang your hat.

I've heard that 9E is a little bit more of a day to day battle in order to go out and fly the planes.

The last piece of the puzzle, where do you want to live? Commuting sucks. It takes up a ton of your off time and induces more stress into your life than you would imagine. If you want to live in MEM, DTW, or MSP, then go work for 9E. If you want to live someplace on the east coast, then come work for Air Willy.

I have a buudy who's a very senior Capt. at Pinnacle and the best he can do now for days off is 12 a month! I checked his back for lash marks.

Just be cautious of most of the 50 seat RJ operators that don't have 70-90 seat growth in sight! Most (50 Seat Rj's) will be parked in the desert in the next 5-8 years!! I will see if I can find the article I read about all the 50 Jets..
So I would shoot for someone that has atleast a 2 year upgrade... Get your PIC time and find yourself a much better job... Good Luck!

Latest resources

Back