Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

d328pilot

flying in asia
Anyone have a copy they would be willing to send me? Just curious about how it would look if the "what if's" started coming true at PSA.

Exactly "what-if's" are you talking about?

Mid Atlantic no longer being sold and PSA will be to Air Wiskey. It would immediately solve most of their J4J and E190 problems.

I wouldn't worry, the likelyhood of that happening is about as remote as us getting our Yonited flying back, our "pre-concessions" contract re-instated and me being awarded upgrade in the next bid.

AWAC for better or worse, is an extremely conservative company and taking on PSA just isn't going to happen.

Relax and have a cold one!

besides the AWAC seniority list is about to under go major changes, I have heard there will be alot of retirements out of the DEN base before it closes.

Kenny: just curious, who did you do your IOE with?

I'm prety sure if the 3 Amigo's were to be asked, they would say that they're probably hoping most of the top BAC jet guys do decide to retire. It would make a sizeable dent in the amount they pay us.

As far as IOE is concerned I had the honour of flying with Captain Pleasure and his Monkey during the last few days of the Airtran gig about 18 months ago.

As far as IOE is concerned I had the honour of flying with Captain Pleasure and his Monkey during the last few days of the Airtran gig about 18 months ago.[/QUOTE]

I believe he likes to be called Commander Pleasure, if I am not mistaken.

It's already a done deal, AWA doesn't have and doesn’t want any wholly owns.

eastflier said:
What is AWAC current upgrade time if you were to get hired tomorrow.

Really tough question to answer. I think they are telling new hires 4+ yrs. Don't know how realistic that is, plus the people telling newhires that can only work with the information they have on hand at that moment, which is 70 rjs flying for USAirways. There is the potential for a very quick upgrade, 1yr, only if there is growth, but more realistically around 2-3yrs. We are losing about 1 pilot a day, both capts and fos and probably will lose more as people from the midwest and west coast have to start making 2 leg commutes to PHL/DCA/ORF. But again that is all just speculation. There is the potential for growth, but no one really knows.

So to sum up an answer to your question, not sure!

Latest resources

Back