• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin pilots win!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How does this affect AWAC's contract with USAir? Will USAir's costs go up too? Or does AWAC eat the extra costs?

More than the whole $$ value is the simple fact that our management screwed the employee's and now we have some leverage. This is a good day for all pilots. Lets hope that others can catch on and move fwd. Good Luck Comair we are pullin for ya.

signed.

A happier AWAC pilot

As a former AWACer, I can't let this one stand. No one "screwed" you. You and your fellow pilots AGREED to the concessions to help keep the company going. While the concessions didn't go for the stated purpose, it can't be denied that they were instrumental in getting a flying contract with USAir. If not for that, you'd have been on the street a year ago. Or more likely, you never would have been hired in the first place, judging by your screen name.

The thing that gets me is you probably weren't even around for the concessions. You were flying for ACA/Indy Air when all this began. So where do you come off complaining about it?

As a former AWACer, I can't let this one stand. No one "screwed" you. You and your fellow pilots AGREED to the concessions to help keep the company going. While the concessions didn't go for the stated purpose, it can't be denied that they were instrumental in getting a flying contract with USAir. If not for that, you'd have been on the street a year ago. Or more likely, you never would have been hired in the first place, judging by your screen name.

The thing that gets me is you probably weren't even around for the concessions. You were flying for ACA/Indy Air when all this began. So where do you come off complaining about it?

I came to AWAC in 2003. I did not get furloughed at ACA I came to AWAC for the DEN and ORD base. True the pilots did vote on the concessions and that is a vaild point. I did accept the concessions and faught hard to keep our UAL flying.

We (the employee's) got "screwed" because our management/ownership lied to us about having a affirmed contract. We did not have a affirmed deal.. Therefore the case aganist AWAC. Thankfully we won :)

When the ruling is made public you will see how sneaky our ownership was. If it was not for UAL calling AWAC on the carpet I am not sure it would have come to ARW union's attention.

This is not the same Air Wisconsin that I came to but still work hard as a pilot for them and they are the ones that sign my check. Hopefully this is a good change for other airlines who can re-examine concessions and can make changes.

Thanks.

Last edited:
When I first found out that we didn't get the UAL deal, I did wonder how that they missed that little loophole in bankruptcy laws. But I just don't believe that they lied to us. I think that they thought that they had a deal with United, affirmed or otherwise. I've met the 3 amigos. I saw one or the other one almost every day. I just don't think they were lying. I could be wrong, but I think they were lied to by UAL.

It's just business...whether we were lied to or they were lied to, they still owe us 100% backpay with interest and our old contract back. They made a deal with us and didn't hold up their end of the deal. I feel no malice, I just want to be made whole. Anything less than a 100% remedy means that they saved money and that other managements should attempt to do the same.

Hoover,

Even if the 3 amigos did not lie to us... why did we take concessions? To keep United flying. We did not keep United flying. So what was the point of taking cuts?

I believe the 3 amigos worked very hard and smart to get the US Airways deal and deserve the millions they have made. But why are we still at our old pay scales? The premis is we took cuts to keep UAL flying. Bottom line is we fly for US Airways. And remember who made that transistion work. The pilots, and Fa's. It's the crews that have uprooted our families and moved or commute very far to the east coast. All this at a lower pay scale (to keep united flying).

So now we have a very profitable Us Airways, Air Wisconsin. So we want back what we had before. Call it lying, call it getting screwed, call it whatever you want. Maybe the amigos did not know. But there is no reason why we are flying for less money. NONE.

Do you know how inflation works, Hoover? So why are we making less? Why do wages decrease over time for us? Look around, people get raises, and QOL increases. Oh let me guess the airline industry is different. Well Air Wisconsin is different. We are highly profitable and invested well. So give us our money back.

Time for the rest of the industry to do the same.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back