Air Wisconsin holding recruiting sessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
logolight said:
As of now there are two classes in November but none scheduled yet for December. I certainly think it will happen though, especialy if they're holding recruiting sessions right now. I haven't heard about them wanting to hire for the next 8 months though.

Doing the math here, 30 people x 8 months = 240 new hires. That means they, according to masedogg19, are expecting over 25% of the pilots to leave? And that includes phasing out the 146's as well.

That seems really high to me...

~wheelsup

DirkkDiggler said:
If we do stop interviewing, it's surely because the sims we have access to are full with 146 cross over training as well as the 40 or more upgrades just awarded in the last two alignments. We certainly need pilots so please continue updating and sending resumes. And please, don't have an attitude like you think you're the sh!t! Being humble and letting your skills represent yourself says a lot more about you than your words ever could. This is mainly directed at guys like Mtnjam. We don't want attitude here please.

My understanding is there's been a few upgrades latley that have been finnishing their OE and then quiting. So the realignments continue.

wheelsup said:
Doing the math here, 30 people x 8 months = 240 new hires. That means they, according to masedogg19, are expecting over 25% of the pilots to leave? And that includes phasing out the 146's as well.

That seems really high to me...

~wheelsup

Figure in the wash outs and resignations over that time period. I also think that there will be alot of 146 CA's leaving as well because they're too senior to want to come down to the CRJ. That said, I still think the dust will start settling by around March after the IAD base closes. From that point attrition should slow towards normal and the hiring will slow with it. The only thing that would continue the hiring spree after that is growth and they've told us nothing about that.

logolight said:
The only thing that would continue the hiring spree after that is growth and they've told us nothing about that.

AH YES, the one constant at AirWisco:
"You're on a need to know basis, and we'll let you know 2 months after you get there."

Washing out costs the company money, therefore I'm certain you can enjoy a few rounds before and after sims. Seriously, you'll have to be blowing some snow before they give you the boot.

I miss all the old Wisco guys on this board (like the pirate with the bottle). Whitecloud, Beechnut and Rottweiller are all that are left (and they can join me anytime). Wait, I think Rottweillers' gone too!

I'm sad, so you new guys better do some stupid things right from the beginning to make AWAC threads fun again!

Hopefully they'll hire some mooks with bladder control problems?

Last edited:
FreightNazi said:
Don't worry Mtnjam, if you decide not to take the job at air wisconsin, let me know and I'll set you up with a recommendation at my airline.

Oh, ...it's the avatar.

Last edited:
that 240 number up there might not be far off.....they have told us that they are already working on the classes for the new year....and that July is a legit date for when things might calm down

also, the sims are extremely backlogged right now....the new hires are having to wait at least a month right now until they get into them

attrition is very high right now with the base moving and other pilots getting hired away (at least thats what we've been told)

logolight is correct as well about people finishing their upgrades and quitting...there have also been some people quitting during class...however...it does seem like some growth might be down the road

Where on EARTH are you guys coming up with this growth?

We're not interested in 70 seaters.

USAirways will fly the E-190

Mesa ALREADY operates the CRJ900 for CHEAP.

Many of the pilots here so very much opposed to J4J in exchange for larger or more aircraft.

I can't tell if you guys are new and there for optimistic for this place, but there is NO growth coming from USAirways. If it does happen, it's a long shot that is NOT worth considering or mentioning.

Since being here I've seen two of the three fleets retired. The gain of two code share agreements and the loss of two code share agreements. The opening and closing of numerous bases and for me, a discplacemnet every 14 to 16 months.

I hate to rain on your parade, but this is a good place for a new hire to get some time and them go someplace else.

Don't let newbie optimisim distort your perception of what is really going on around here.

guess im just being optimistic....but why would they tell us they are hiring this much if something isn't going to happen?

Oh man. I'm sorry... I know I'm coming across as a sour-puss... So I'll stop raining. I do really hope you find your time here enjoyable. I've had just about nothing but pleasent experiences with most of the people here. I hope you find that to be true too.

They are hiring because people are leaving faster than ever before. They're leaving to other airline jobs that at one time they wouldn't consider, others are leaving for corporate jobs and others are leaving to make more money by cleaning... nevermind.

Most feel that AWAC has been less than honest about keeping our pay (and work rules) to retain the United flying. Since then, it feels more like US against THEM. Not the "team" they like to talk about. This isn't a secret, we have grievances waiting for rulings.

Someone called me "stupid" for using the same name on this board as I do on the company-pilot board (where I sign my real name.) I don't agree. I haven't lied or written anything that I'm ashamed of.

If I do get a phone call from a manager in ATW about what I wrote on here, that would just show how out of touch they would be.

So far I have not received that call. I guess they do know how disapointed many of us are about the company we so desired to work for.

Good Luck, I remember that feeling.

S.

Latest resources

Back