• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin holding recruiting sessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
no worries at all....i do understand (although cannot relate to yet) the issues that have come up in the past....i just hope that it goes well while i'm here

Beechnut said:
Someone called me "stupid" for using the same name on this board as I do on the company-pilot board (where I sign my real name.) I don't agree. I haven't lied or written anything that I'm ashamed of.

FlyinPiker said:
...I think our friend Beechnut is the only one daring enough to have the same screen name on a public message board as he does on a private one.

For the record...I'm a Beechnut fan. Gotta balance the Ying with the Yang. Anytime I reaad thread after thread about "Weeeeeeee!!!" this or that place is heaven... I wonder what the real story is. For those of you coming here, it's a fresh start. You are signing up for the "New AWAC", and not the AWAC we once knew. You won't know the difference except for when you have to sit there and listen to the same old stories spout out of our mouths about our "Old Contract", Santa Barbra overnights..., etc, etc. Lucky for you I think most of us are over it. If not don't be afraid to tell us to "Stuff it". It's time to live in the now.

im gonna play Captain Positive here
i have found it to be pretty cool that (in general) most of the guys who have been around here for a while seem to be receptive to the current changes....i may have to change my tune once i get out on the line but everyone so far has been positive

Beechnut said:
Oh man. I'm sorry... I know I'm coming across as a sour-puss... So I'll stop raining. I do really hope you find your time here enjoyable. I've had just about nothing but pleasent experiences with most of the people here. I hope you find that to be true too.

They are hiring because people are leaving faster than ever before. They're leaving to other airline jobs that at one time they wouldn't consider, others are leaving for corporate jobs and others are leaving to make more money by cleaning... nevermind.

Most feel that AWAC has been less than honest about keeping our pay (and work rules) to retain the United flying. Since then, it feels more like US against THEM. Not the "team" they like to talk about. This isn't a secret, we have grievances waiting for rulings.

Someone called me "stupid" for using the same name on this board as I do on the company-pilot board (where I sign my real name.) I don't agree. I haven't lied or written anything that I'm ashamed of.

If I do get a phone call from a manager in ATW about what I wrote on here, that would just show how out of touch they would be.

So far I have not received that call. I guess they do know how disapointed many of us are about the company we so desired to work for.

Good Luck, I remember that feeling.

S.

First of all, be proud of your name. You and I both are probably the only ones that have the guts to post our names on different boards. For myself, I use the same name for the aca-lounge, the willie boards, (you knew that), and ILS-approach. No one has given me crap. Yet.

As far as info coming from managment, you can rest assure that AWAC isn't the only airline that gives vague information. At Independence, they take pride in lying to their employees.

See you on the Willie boards.

FlyinPiker said:
You won't know the difference except for when you have to sit there and listen to the same old stories spout out of our mouths about our "Old Contract", Santa Barbra overnights..., etc, etc. Lucky for you I think most of us are over it. If not don't be afraid to tell us to "Stuff it". It's time to live in the now.

The old contract will return!! There will never be anything in the USAir system to match the Santa Barbra overnights - I'll tell you about them on a 4 day trip sometime :D

When I talk growth, I'm talking about picking up 70 seat for someone else, primarily NWA.

Most people will tell me I'm full of it. But based on what I've seen at work, it's a real possibility. A definate maybe you might say. Kinda might happen. Maybe.

But I don't need growth. I'm OK flying the 50 seat forever, but that's just my thing.

I don't know about growth. AWAC supposedly has a history of not wanting to grow. However I will say this, we will at least need to get larger aircraft. USairways needs to make money and the 50-seat jet is not a money maker so at some point we will be replacing the 50-seaters with bigger aircraft. The CRJ-900/905 is the most liely candidate.

if they wanted to make money they would cut some flying out. seven flights a day to binghamton, ny with a 42% load factor? what's that aboot?

Has anyone gotten a call back for an interview since going to the MEM information session? Any one...

ground stop said:
if they wanted to make money they would cut some flying out. seven flights a day to binghamton, ny with a 42% load factor? what's that aboot?

Bingo!

Latest resources

Back