Air Wisconsin Gear up in PHL?

En Mort Main

Total Time
noda
Just heard Air Wisconsin landed gear up in PHL.
Anyone else have any word.... Hope All pax and crew are safe and without injury....

JvW

Total Time
Due to OTHER / EMERGENCY, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, PA (PHL). To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".

General Arrival Delays: Due to RWY: Disabled Aircraft, arrival traffic is experiencing airborne delay between 31 minutes and 45 minutes and increasing.

JvW

Sig

Total Time
100%
JHope All pax and crew are safe and without injury....

Werd! <--- that means "echoing the sentiment."

I'm willing to give a blind "kudos and job well done" before the facts come out, thus:

Strong work.

En Mort Main

Total Time
noda
Teletype from US Airways in the dispattch office confirms aircraft landed wheels up. Phl airport is now reopened on extended delays. Runway of accident expecting extended closure. Word is no injuries reported yet.

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
Crash landing?? gimme a break.

A-V-8

Total Time
Correct me if I am wrong but that thing looks black. Air Wis doen't have any painted like that do they? PSA?

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Total Time
1500+
The 3 "blue tops" were pieces of shiz anyway...

I had a left MLG that didn't want to come down in RDU a couple years ago...it ended somewhat differently than this though.

Nice job to the crew!

LowlyPropCapt

PBR For Life, and Beyond!
Total Time
8000+
Great job to the AWAC crew involved! Hope y'all get lots of paid for beers tonight!

flyin4jsus

Turn it up loud, Captain!
Total Time
Correct me if I am wrong but that thing looks black. Air Wis doen't have any painted like that do they? PSA?
We still have 3 that are painted in the blue top.

Axel

Metal can always be either fixed or discarded without tragedy. All's well that ends well.

Whoever this Vince Lattanzio wiener is who wrote the story: his grammar and punctuation is as bad, if not worse, than some you see here in FI's hallowed halls.

Not that I'm the nefarious grammar police, but you would think (incorrectly, apparently) that a so-called professional writer would actually know how to construct a sentence. You would also think (again apparently incorrectly) that a professional copy editor would correct it before it went out.

Minimaniac

Benevolent Dictator
Total Time
Blue top AWAC aircraft. Three crew, no pax on board. Left main did not come down. Crew got it stopped on the runway and evacuated on the runway, with about 3000 ft of runway remaining on 27L. Cleanup was still ongoing at 10pm, and the aircraft was still on the runway at 8...did not get close enough to see it after that time. From what I did see while taxiing past, damage will be as minimal as possible given the situation.

WalterSobchak

Am I wrong?
Total Time
40+/wk
Sounds like nice work by the crew...

A little disappointed at the lack of the words "need the deets" in this thread, though.

LowlyPropCapt

PBR For Life, and Beyond!
Total Time
8000+
DEETS! We need Deets!

That better Sobchak?

ThrottleJockey1

Total Time
enough
Bombardier will do next

Change the landing gear extinsion speed to prevent this from happening too. Highest regards to the crew.

jimcav

Total Time
I saw it unfold from the top of the jetway at D14. They did a nice job.