• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin flushes pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew at Lakes with one of the guys that was in the pool. He had 2 types and over 6000TT with over 3000 PIC turbine (part 23 and part 25). That seems to qualify him. I guess we can all sit and wait. I would like to see a list of regionals that the majority of people consider better than AWAC. I don't think anybody could claim realistically that their's is the best but I would think AWAC would be in the top 5. Best contract in the regional industry (trip rig, duty rig, pay rates, schedules) certainly is nice. Being privately owned is an oddball. Why is everything in Wisconsin a private deal, eh? Packers, AWAC, etc...hmmm...

:eek:

Best contract....seems every regional claims to have one of those. It seems that the regional with the best contract is always the one you happen to work for at the time. Yeah, I used to work there so my opinions, though they are just that, aren't totally unfounded.

From management:

Numerous background checks have expired for the people in the pool. Some were interviewed over a year ago. There is no forecast hiring for the year 2002. Only 20 of 39 furloughees are expected to be recalled prior to 2003. There is no reason to leave these people hanging with no forecast hiring in the near future.

This is paraphrased but is a reasonable representation to the best of my knowledge.

hiring

Just curious about awac growth. If they are still taking delivery of three rj's per month and picking up more flying it should only be a matter of time before the furloughees are back and they need more pilots. Are they still getting rid of the do328s at the same pace?

low down

Things seem to be working this way. We are getting rid of 5 Bae146's, and 13 D328's. In the mean time we are taking delivery of two to three CRj's a month. The growth probably won't catch up to the declining fleet for a while. Management has said that it is unfair for them to keep a pool going for up to a year and a half and string along those guys in it. Also the background check deal has changed which has presented problems with keeping an old pool open. It was also mentioned that it is unfair to the customers of AWAC to not hire the best pilots around when they start hiring again. As far as hiring UAL's furloughees. I think that is pure speculation and has no foundation what so ever. Infact AWAC most certainly will refuse any major furlougee that will not give up his seniority. I just can't see that happening considering that AWAC will not hire back its former emplyees. However, resumes can be kept up to date and those previously hired will have no problem getting another interview in the future. Recommendations from a AWAC pilot have also been endorsed as being very helpful when the hiring does start up again. I am sure that mentioning you were a previously hired pilot will not hurt. AWAC changed the new hire minimums three times in the first few months I worked for them from 2500tt/1000multi/500 turbine to 2000tt/500multi, and then to 1500tt/500multi. They will demand what the market can give them. Sorry dudes.

Don't you think AWAC customers as well as their current pilots deserve the most qualified people up front?! I know it sucks, but deal with it, it's all part of the game.

Of course I do. I think every airline deserves the best they can get. However, it just seems odd how a qualified group of pilots can suddenly become unqualified in the eyes of the company. AWAC boasts the highest hiring minimums of any regional and last summer (when the pool started), they were only hiring people with prior 121 experience. I don't see how all of these people suddenly are not good enough.

Anyway, I'm done griping about this now. I was mainly concerned about the poolies who are currently furloughed or otherwise unemployed. I currently have a job that I would not leave for AWAC anyway, so it's a moot point.

SuperD

Cheezpilot,

Good post, there are no plans for UAL furloughees to go to any UAX carrier at this time, and I would expect that to be the case in the future as well. I think people just like to start rumours because a few months ago, people were saying that it was a done deal that we were going to ACA. This idea hasn't even been mentioned by our union leadership, nor are there are resolutions to do so in the future. Basically it's urban legend.

Latest resources

Back