• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran pilot job fair in MKE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks guys. I will spread the word to those skeptical of the minimums.

It would be interesting times to have Midwest guys come online at AT behind Skyway guys because the skyway operation went belly up before the mainline did.

It would be interesting times to have Midwest guys come online at AT behind Skyway guys because the skyway operation went belly up before the mainline did.

Interesting indeed! I would say that if you were just shy of the requirments or just presented yourself with a CAN DO attitude the HR folks would definitly give you their time. It doesnt hurt to get it a try.

Good luck to you all!

Ditto... Good Luck to all... !! The fine pilots from Skyway and Midwest are welcome and most would do anything to help em out... !

anyone know if just anyone will be going to this job fair or if its just meh and skyway pilots

Hi!

USA Jet is hiring, and Skyway-type pilots could start as -9 FOs ($38/yr guarantee). We can get lots of lower time guys, but more experienced ones like Skyway pilots are what we need for the -9, and for Capt upgrades on the Falcon. Commuting from WI is easy with NWA-CASS and on their JS list.

It is NOT as good as AirTran, so go there if you can.

If U want detailed info, PM me with your email.

cliff
YIP (home GRB)

anyone know if just anyone will be going to this job fair or if its just meh and skyway pilots
I would hope the MEH guys (with jobs) would realize that the Skyway guys (without jobs) need the jobs more--nothing would suprise me though.

Airtran is being a little more flexible these days with the 500 hours Part 121 PIC requirement. I was able to get my buddy an interview with 4 years of right seat experience at Eagle (ERJ time).

If you know anyone at Airtran and can have them write you a recommendation that you could bring with you to the job fair, that would obviously help tremendously. Also, as previously stated, showing up at the job fair and being able to show a strong desire to work at Airtran would help impress the recruiters. Knowing alot about the company, company's growth plans, etc. would show you are serious about wanting to work for Airtran.

Personally, I hope we hire every Skyway pilot that shows up. I think Skyway pilots could be very happy getting out of that mess they are in with Timmy H. and Midwest. And with the amount of growth we are doing in MKE, these guys could be based in MKE once again in the near future as I don't see Midwest doing a very good job of protecting their hub.

Quick question: Does Air Tran intend to set up a pilot domicile at MKE or would all pilots still need to be based out of ATL and commute?

Also, how many gates does Air Tran have at MKE - can they continue to expand there or will they be constrained due to lack of gate space/flexibility?

Latest resources

Back