• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran pilot job fair in MKE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Midwest pilots need a job, it would be foolish for Airtran to not offer them an interview. Makes since to me.
Airtran has said it plans to increase flying in MKE. Base or not, there good folks up there that know how to fly 717's.

does anyone going to this job fair know what to expect or if and where you have to register

does anyone going to this job fair know what to expect or if and where you have to register
I just spoke with hr. They said pilots can show up at the Wyndham Airport hotel anytime from 9am to 1pm. They said they will speak with everyone and take resumes.

it's posturing for an anticipated nay from the DoJ and their subsequent counteroffer. besides pilots and fa's can commute quite easily to ATL.
Hey CL, do you think with the Delta/Northwest possible merger heating up that the DOJ may say no to Midwest and TPG? I think it is going to be very interesting over the next several weeks. Locally in Atlanta today, Northwest publicly stated they are in talks with Delta for a possible merger. Watching the news here (while it is snowing here in Atlanta) you get the feeling that a deal is just around the corner with Northwest. That just seems to be the general feeling here in Atlanta. CL, what is the general feeling up there in MKE?

If i were flying at Skyway I would be beating down Airtran's HR door for a job. Might as well get on the senority list before the Midwest furloughs start and flood the HR desk with 717 typed and qualified applicants.

I agree, every Skyway pilot should be at that job fair on the 26th (might as well plan on being sick that day). I hope Airtran hires all of them and show the Milwaukee public who was going to add more jobs to the Milwaukee area. I see the media is already involved and mentioned the Airtran job fair and Midwest cutting jobs in the same article.

Here it is

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=708271

Last edited:
I think there will be lots of Skyway guys at the job fair for sure. Do you think they will talk to guys who don't quite meet the minimums? I know there are many people who will fall short of the 500 PIC 121 time. I would hope under the circumstances the least they could do as at least interview them.

I hope they do Goulet, I think they will just have to give it a try on the 26th and see if Airtran HR will do that.

I think there will be lots of Skyway guys at the job fair for sure. Do you think they will talk to guys who don't quite meet the minimums? I know there are many people who will fall short of the 500 PIC 121 time. I would hope under the circumstances the least they could do as at least interview them.

I would give it a try. I have heard they have hired a few pilots with only 135 time so maybe they are flexible with the 121 PIC requirement. Best of luck!

Latest resources

Back