Air Tran pilot job fair in MKE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mr_kilo

I just saw on the air tran site under employment that there will be a job fair for pilots in MKE.

Does anyone know if this is a job fair for an airtran base opening in MKE for pilots or what this is all about? would appreciate any info, thanks

Hi!

This is from Air Tran's webite:

featured opportunities

AirTran Airways is currently looking for qualified candidates in the Milwaukee area.

Apply today for immediate consideration for the following positions:

I would also like to know what the above means.

cliff
GRB

Perhaps they're just expecting a furlough from MEH that would give them an opportunity to pick up currently qualified 717 drivers? I can't imagine any other reason. We only have 4 gates up there, and the company has said numerous times that a domicile doesn't begin to make sense until you have at least 15 airplanes overnighting there.

it's posturing for an anticipated nay from the DoJ and their subsequent counteroffer. besides pilots and fa's can commute quite easily to ATL.

CL,

I think you are right. Plus it is positive PR for us(AAI) showing that we are hiring and helping the MKE economy while NWA and Tim H. are furloughing and hurting the economy...

I wouldn't read in to it too much about any real expansion there.

where did you see that posting? the link goes to the jobs page where it doesn't say anything about a milwaukee job fair.

FL's never been fond of commuters (pilots commuting, not commuter pilots), it's hard to believe we are now encouraging them!

Last edited:
Newnan... Not sure I agree with you on that one. With most of AAI's pilots commuting. When I interviewed I told them I would be a commuter, they didn't seem to have problem with it...

Latest resources

Back