Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran pilot job fair in MKE

Right now we have 4 gates in MKE. No plans for a pilot base, and I can't imagine that we'd have one any time in the near future. You can expect MCO this year, and possibly BWI next year, though.

The CP kept telling everyone that the announcement would probably come before the end of the year for MCO, but still nothing. I'd imagine that they'd have to announce it soon. We're paying an astronomical amount of money for hotels in MCO.

Was at the job fair yesterday. Probably close to 100 pilots throughout the day from Skyway. There were also a handful of "outsiders" that showed up as well. Took forever to get to talk to a recruiter however I don't think they were expecting to see so many people show up.

They didnt seem to care too much about the PIC time however they did seem more strict on the 2500TT. Some people were basically told no on the spot because of their time and everybody's else's stuff will be taken and reviewed for a potential 2nd interview. Everybody was very nice and respectful of our situation.

Was at the job fair yesterday. Probably close to 100 pilots throughout the day from Skyway. There were also a handful of "outsiders" that showed up as well. Took forever to get to talk to a recruiter however I don't think they were expecting to see so many people show up.

They didnt seem to care too much about the PIC time however they did seem more strict on the 2500TT. Some people were basically told no on the spot because of their time and everybody's else's stuff will be taken and reviewed for a potential 2nd interview. Everybody was very nice and respectful of our situation.

Best of luck to you guys!

I was at the job fair on the 26th at MKE. Waited a while but finally got to speak w/ a recruiter. It more or less was a pre-screen interview. They were seeing if you had the time and the desire to work for Airtran. Additionally they asked some basic questions such as Faa violations, prior arrests, accidents, etc. For me it was a great chance to get some exposure for my resume and I'm glad I flew all the way from MCO to go to the job fair. I recommend anyone wanting to work for Air Tran to attend any future job fairs.

mr_kilo, did you get a sense as to whether they were still looking for the 500 121 PIC? I've been hearing conflicting rumors as to what we're actually looking for right now.

If you have high PIC Jet and High TT, they seem to accept that in leu of the 121 PIC.

Per the CP, they currently look at each app on a case by case basis. If you have zero 121 PIC Jet but 4000 pic jet, a couple of types, your app will be considered.

mr_kilo, did you get a sense as to whether they were still looking for the 500 121 PIC? I've been hearing conflicting rumors as to what we're actually looking for right now.

Ive heard that if you have a lot of jet pic time other than 121 they may accept that. As to how much I dont know

I am flying with an ex-Skyway guy, he and some other ex-Skyway pilots are helping look over the resumes to help give additional insight to the recruiters. If anyone knows anyone here at Airtran get a letter, email, anything. It will help greatly, Airtran seems to hire very few people from resume and interview alone. Letter of Rec carrys a lot of weight seem like to me. I love working for Airtran by the way.

MVR

Latest resources

Back