Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran or CAL? haven't we been here before?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear70 said:
I did mention 'Blue... 2 of my best friends work there. :)

Frontier I *might* put on the same playing field as airTran, Midwest and Spirit I wouldn't.

I would take any of these over Airtran anyday. All three are profitable again and all three are in growth mode. Besides, Midwest has been around now for 22 years, and Spirit is older than Valuejet.

I'd say stay at Flex...

In the coming years as airline passengers battle high costs, security issues, lack of travel with their own carry on; I think the fractionals will only grow larger and better. A real longterm career option for a professional pilot.

I started class at CAL the same month my classmates at AirTran were starting 717 upgrade. Was that a bad move? I'll tell you in a decade or so but right now I'm very happy here at CAL. Do what you think is right at the time. You and your family are the only people you have to answer to.

IAHERJ

propjob27 said:
\However, to my knowledge, there are NO former CAL guys in AirTran new hire classes.

That might tell you something.

There is a CAL pilot on the interview list at the moment.
That might tell you something as well.

wow, what a surprise....lame lizard is red.

Anyone want to start a pool on what screen name he comes back with after he's banned....again?

Also, what's the over/under on how many FL posts can go untrolled by said new screen name?

ASA said:
So you should base your decision on what other pilots do? Would you also follow the herd to the great Eastern back in the 80s? Think for yourself--these former AirTran pilots at CAL might regret that decision one day. None of us know the future.

Isn't that what this whole thread is about.

Take the job at Air Tran (a bird in hand thing), interview at CAL as soon as you can and then decide.

Right now, my biggest fear working at AirTran is a wipsaw.

I guarantee you, if mgt could make the numbers work, we'd cancel all future 737 deliveries, get 190's on the property tomorrow operating under another seniority list, flying as "AirTran Express" and paying $60/hr after 12yrs.

I can absolutely see the boys in MCO doing that, anyone who says that'll never happen hasn't worked here very long.

Scope, Scope, Scope!!!

Last edited:
I could def. see that happening. Not sure the seniority list thing and I could see them trying a low ball figure, 60 doubt it but it would not be a pretty number. Not sure if 7 years is long but that is my 2 cent worth.

You figure my first capt. spot with this place was a the 9. configured with 106 peeps, 90 coach and 16 bus. the EMB190 now with 12 bus. would be pretty close to the same number of peeps.

That's right Mr. Critter ty webb, you are still called critter!!!!!

You still changing the letters on the flight boards at the gate like a little biitch? or did you rednecks finally get electronic flight boards? LOL.

Enjoy your 4 - 5 legs in and out of hotlanta while I'm flyin my one leg to Europe and S. America meetin mad hot chicks.

Yeah, I'd definitely rather be at valujet... NOT.

Last edited:
Britpilot said:
There is a CAL pilot on the interview list at the moment.
That might tell you something as well.

Yeah. He got (or is in the process of getting) fired. Or, he is Continental Express and they forgot to print "express" after "Continental".

Seriously though, I suppose he may actually be a CAL mainline pilot in good standing and must have some reason that I can't think of for wanting to make the switch.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back