• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran gives 3 year old the boot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't blame the crew at all, its getting ridiculous what parents let their kids do onboard our flights, from gum to pen markings all over those nice leather recaro seats, just despicable. I say control your kids for the sake of everyone onboard the flight. Good job.

Its amazing what happens when a kid sees you taking off your belt...................too bad people are "buddies" with their kids and not their parents anymore.

I never end up getting bent over the knee, but the sound of that thing getting clapped together shut me right the he11 up and straightened me out right away.

I don't think I'd ever use it on my kid, but I sure as he11 ain't afraid to tell him its comin!

Last edited:
Spoken like someone who's never had to control an upset kid. I agree that parents need to control their children in public, but this is overkill. Put yourself in their shoes. It's not like they didn't know they had a problem or werent' trying to solve the issue. My pregnant wife is flying across the country in a few days and I hope she doesn't get stuck next to a self-righteous jerk on the way. She's going to have enough problems without having arrogant commuters or bitchy flight attendants to deal with.

You are way wound up lately. Chill out and enjoy your good life.

"The father said his family would never fly AirTran again"

Yea, not until the next time he wants to fly to see Grandma in Florida. He paid $595.80 for three roundtrip tickets all the way across the country (north/south). Right now the cheapest nonstop flights to RSW from BOS and back is $453 per person.

See you next year Mr. Kulesza.

Spoken like someone who's never had to control an upset kid. I agree that parents need to control their children in public, but this is overkill. Put yourself in their shoes. It's not like they didn't know they had a problem or werent' trying to solve the issue. My pregnant wife is flying across the country in a few days and I hope she doesn't get stuck next to a self-righteous jerk on the way. She's going to have enough problems without having arrogant commuters or bitchy flight attendants to deal with.

Spoken like someone that believes that having a child gives them the right to infringe on others!!! What makes people, that have children, believe we should be inconvienced for their lack of control.

Shut the kid up, get in your seat, or get off its that simple clown!
As for your wife the only way you can be sure she doesn't get stuck next to a jerk is for you not to go!!! Better still take a train or a bus and see if that works out!

This thread bears the evidence of the impatient and non-empathetic society we live in. It doesn't seem like it was the kids fault they were "already running 15 minutes late."

How are the parents or the child infringing on your rights? were does it say on your ticket or anywere else that you have the "right" to quiet time anyway? If you want totall quiet and serenity, I would argue that riding on a jet aircraft is not the place for you anyway.

The reason they were kicked off was that the child wasn't in the seat with the seat belt fastened. Now we've all seen people on cell phones, kids with gameboys and even other adults being unruly and delaying the flight for one reason or another. The only reason I've seen people booted was those that "appear to have been drinking".

Kicking this family off was just plain wrong.

All of you that have perfect kids because of your perfect parenting skills need to relax a little bit and give the parents a break. If they would have spanked the kid, someone would have them kicked off and arrested anyway for child abuse.

Last edited:
This thread bears the evidence of the impatient and non-empathetic society we live in. It doesn't seem like it was the kids fault they were "already running 15 minutes late."

How are the parents or the child infringing on your rights? were does it say on your ticket or anywere else that you have the "right" to quiet time anyway? If you want totall quiet and serenity, I would argue that riding on a jet aircraft is not the place for you anyway.
The reason they were kicked off was that the child wasn't in the seat with the seat belt fastened. Now we've all seen people on cell phones, kids with gameboys and even other adults being unruly and delaying the flight for one reason or another.

Give the parents a break. If they would have spanked the kid, someone would have them kicked off and arrested anyway for child abuse.

You are a complete moron! First of all talking on a cell phone,playing game boys doesn't prevent"pushback" being out of your seat and causing a distrubance does!!!!! secondly comparing "quiet time" to the acceptable noise one encounters while flying is silly and shows your total ignorance of the situation!!! Sooooo STFU!!

UEJ500-

Had this EXACT thing happen on one of my flights, and had the same out come. It's not about the child acting out, it's about FAR's. Plain and simple, they need to be in there seat with it fasten. It's a safety issue. What if something did happen during take-off and the child was not properly restrained? I can guarentee that the parents would come back sueing the airline.

You, my friend, ARE WRONG.

Latest resources

Back