Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He's just "coach", not "the coach".

DASHDRIVER said:
any truth to the rumor Airtran is looking to purchase Midwest?

Who knows? I'm sure they're talking.

thanks guys for all the tips, sounds like they really do want you to suceed in the process.

as for my stats,

6000 + total
1800 pic turbine
2 types

and about 2 years of constant bugging the airtran folks through resumes and an airinc conference.

DASHDRIVER said:
any truth to the rumor Airtran is looking to purchase Midwest?

That's been a rumor around Midwest for sometime now. Have no clue if it's true but supposedly a number of AirTran executives have visited Midwest HQ recently. Right now, Midwest's market cap is approximately $42 million so, in theory, that's what it would take to purchase the company. I don't know if TH and company (the Board) would be willing to sell for that price.

Time will tell.

Peace

SF

Two years ago, I wouldn't believe it. . . Midex management seemed to really hate the green-tailed penny-pinchers. It would seem to be smart, though, since SWA blocked us at MDW. . . lots of overlap that could benefit from consolidating stations and gates.

If they could put egos aside, probably not a bad combo. . kind of like beer and bratwurst.

MidEx and AAI are bad combo, for AAI that is. What do you get, nothing but a few gates, no better destinations. Old MD80's and no great pull from Chicago. Unless you want to have an alter ego airline and play one side to the other. Like ASA and Comair, or Like Eastern and Continental. Does AAI Mgt have any past with that. Hhmmmmmm. hey Ty hows good is your scope.

anewunion said:
Steeler Fan said:
Remember that AirTran is looking for people who want to spend the rest of their careers here. (And readiness to be Captains in a relatively short time)

SOUNDS LIKE THAT GUY THEY CALL THE COACH....

So when did you work for AirTran?

~~~^~~~ said:
I will be contributing to the Kit Darby Ferrari Fund in the near future with the goal of getting to AirTran. Any in's for a guy that has held AAI since $2.40 a share?

I wish I would have bought AAI when you did. I got in at about $12 bucks and haven't seen that price in quite some time. It's a good question though. Does anyone know if owning the stock helps at all? I know some of the majors used to ask if you owned any of their stock when you interviewed, but I haven't heard anything about Airtran asking that.

Latest resources

Back