Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

runfast

hello all,

just got the interview call for airtran, hoping to get some additional pointers on what to bring (other than updated resume,id, certs,pc reports, logbook) that they may need/want during the interview.

thanks in advance,

Congratulations!

I believe this was covered not too long ago, so you may want to do a search. I would also add any letters of reccommendation, a ten year work history and ten year address history if there is any paper application to be completed there. Your logbooks are good to have, but I don't think they will inspect them. Check out the gouge on the willflyforfood site . . . try to keep in mind the interviewers are good people who would like to see you "on board" . . . . try to relax, and don't forget to show some teeth.

Good luck!

Remember that AirTran is looking for people who want to spend the rest of their careers here. (And readiness to be Captains in a relatively short time)

Congrats and good luck!

I have been very surprised at some of the excellent Pilots AirTran has chosen not to hire after the Pilots thought they had good interviews. One of these guys told me that AirTran likes them to go through the process twice to show that they really want to work for AirTran. Any truth to that rumor? Anyone know what percentage of folks they interview are getting hired?

Would having Line Check Airman on a resume make a big difference?

I will be contributing to the Kit Darby Ferrari Fund in the near future with the goal of getting to AirTran. Any in's for a guy that has held AAI since $2.40 a share?

~~~^~~~

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
I have been very surprised at some of the excellent Pilots AirTran has chosen not to hire after the Pilots thought they had good interviews. One of these guys told me that AirTran likes them to go through the process twice to show that they really want to work for AirTran. Any truth to that rumor? Anyone know what percentage of folks they interview are getting hired?

Would having Line Check Airman on a resume make a big difference?

I will be contributing to the Kit Darby Ferrari Fund in the near future with the goal of getting to AirTran. Any in's for a guy that has held AAI since $2.40 a share?

~~~^~~~

I hope your first paragraph is a nothing but b.s.. There are better ways for a company to test your dedication and worthiness than to screw with your livelihood like that.

anotherwannabe said:
I hope your first paragraph is a nothing but b.s.. There are better ways for a company to test your dedication and worthiness than to screw with your livelihood like that.

Come on guys, simma down . . . . guys who have interviewed twice have been hired, but that is an exception; I've only met one or two. . . . we have also had pilots leave for allegedly greener pastures, and return (as newhires). . . . . but no, there is no nefarious plot afoot to make pilots suffer the pain of interviewing twice. Hell, they can hardly keep up with getting guys selected and in here once!

Now, when I interviewed at Midwest Express back in 1999, the interviewer actually said to us, "Now, guys, if you don;t get an offer from this interview, don't be disappointed. We like to see guys re-apply". . . and no, I'm not making that up! I certainly did not appreciate hearing that after taking time off of work (not easy to do as a 91/135 guy!).

But, no, it'll just be a plain ol' interview. Put your best foot forward, smile, be enthusiastic, and hopefully, you'll be exchanging high five's at the Fox Bar with me and my swinging brother Yortuk before you can say "Wild and Crazy Guys!"

Last edited:
Ty knows better than I due to the fact I've only been on property for about 3 weeks, but I can say I've neither seen nor heard anything about how making someone go through two interviews would be productive. Quite the other way around I think. They want you to work here if they called you for an interview. It is a waste of time and therefore money to play games. Trust me, AirTran tries pretty hard not to waste money.
I don't know any percentages, but in my group of 5 (Apr 05 interview), 3 were picked up. I've heard lower and higher ratios in groups after mine, but I'm convinced that when the HR person told me the job was mine to lose, she meant it.
AAI is big on hiring captains, not FOs; big on being the best you can be no matter what you're doing; big on being a crewmember (team player). The rest you can find at sites like Ty mentioned.
The best of luck to you!

runfast said:
hello all,

just got the interview call for airtran, hoping to get some additional pointers on what to bring (other than updated resume,id, certs,pc reports, logbook) that they may need/want during the interview.

thanks in advance,

What are your stats? Do you have internal recs? Thanks and congrats!

Steeler Fan said:
Remember that AirTran is looking for people who want to spend the rest of their careers here. (And readiness to be Captains in a relatively short time)

SOUNDS LIKE THAT GUY THEY CALL THE COACH....

Latest resources

Back