• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran Attrition?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
4.5 avg day still there. 100 seat airplane payscale has been removed and I am not exactly sure the adjustments to the scope clause. Core is there but from what I am hearing after 1 year can be eliminated by the union or the compnay.

Why are we even wasting our time . . . we spent 2 1/2 years meeting . . . and then 3 months negotiating for a POS TA that should have been put out of its misery 8 weeks ago. Now, after just another 3 weeks at the table this document is supposed to do just what?

I think not . . . the past 6 weeks have been a complete waste of time, with the exception of the recall issues. That train cannot move fast enough to suit me. The other possible glimmer of light is MS's realization of just what that light at the end of the tunnel is. Too bad most of the others suffered from a chronic case of group think (maybe they spent too much time with the company's negotiating team?).

I just heard a rumor that MB our old lead negotiator may be running for president after we recall AP and MS.

I just heard a rumor that MB our old lead negotiator may be running for president after we recall AP and MS.
Wow... that would make 4 candidates that I know of, 5 if Noel throws his hat in the ring.

I'm a bit confused, as the copy of the bylaws that I have saved on my computer says that the V.P. slot will be APPOINTED by Devaney if the recall is successful for both Pres and V.P., because the V.P. term has less than 6 months remaining.

Then I go on today to look at the exact wording again and it says that, except for the NPA President, the position will remain vacant until the next normal election?

The bylaws keep changing on me, or I simply mis-read them the first time. Probably the latter,,,

If they DO appoint someone, according to the bylaws on the website, that person has no vote on the BoD.

The V.P. is supposed to, by default, become acting President of the NPA until the new President election is done, then they go back to being V.P. until their term is up at the end of the year again, then elections again. But with no V.P. to do that, who becomes acting NPA President? Devaney?

This year, it's the V.P. slot, as well as B.S. and M.G. who are up and I hear they're not running again so those slots will be vacant.

Going to be a lot of turnover in the NPA this year, almost every office except for Rico's and Devaney's if the recall goes through (which I expect it to).

Last edited:
Notice that it wasn't a "unanimous" Vote No decision...

I wonder who voted "Neutral" or "Vote Yes"...? ;)

Looks like they're going to put everything out there at once, including the recall of AP and MS as separate items (you can recall one without the other).

No large hurry right now, the Mediator will put us on ice until mid- to late-January anyway, and I expect the resignation of the entire NC after the T.A. is killed anyway (they know they'd get fired with a new NPA Pres in office, so I'm sure they'll go under "their own terms").

It wouldn't surprise me greatly to see AP resign right about the time the vote results come out for similar reasons and come back to the line.

Get out your VOTE NO items, anyone wants a sticker, email me at [email protected]

Please don't send me a PM, I can't keep my mailbox clear... :)

Why the emphasis on "company's best and final offer" term from the NPA email?
Is there some meaning in these words that we should take note of?

Latest resources

Back