• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran Attrition?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are applications to AirTran slowing down?
Do you think AirTran will drop the 500 turbine PIC 121 requirement to adjust to the changing pilot job market?

I'd like to apply there but can't, since my PIC time isn't at a 121 operation.....

Thanks - and good luck with contract negotiations.

FCN

Wad it up and throw it back across the table.

You don't take concessions during the good times. End of discussion.

Good luck. TC

Looks like they are short 737 Captains. I've been called every day this week trying to get me to pick up some flying to help. I just let it go to voicemail.

After that concessionary TA, do they really think guys will be willing to help out? WTFO???? Hell, one day they called and were offering double-time.

Why are you willing to work for a place that people are leaving? This TA will completely change everything that is good about flying for AAI. I know you are trying to find a good flying job and you are just curious as we all were when first applying.
As far as the PIC, check Delta as I do not think they require PIC. I say Delta if you want ATL like AAI. This JAN they will get another 1-6% raise. They are very short right now and my friends are making more than me their first year than me flying my ass off my second year at AAI.
I wish our NPA would look at how the reserves are being paid at Delta. They can fly on their day off for 1.5 or 2x pay and keep their day off for the future = 120 hour credits.
AAI has a good credit system but will vanish in the next contract = more work and less money.
At Delta you will not have to upgrade to make good money as you will at AAI plus if we get RJs the top pay for a 12 year CA is @$100 hour.

The good about AAI is that I feel safe if another bad thing happens in the future b/c we have very low cost and JL/RF are both very good at their task making money = record profits. I am mad at my union not the company b/c they still believe they are getting a good contract. Good luck.

Why are you willing to work for a place that people are leaving? This TA will completely change everything that is good about flying for AAI

This is exactly why we as the pilot group need to fight for a good contract. If this "new" TA is not acceptable, then we must vote it down and start whatever process we need to get negotiations going again. I'd say most guys/gals here want a contract that will allow the company to prosper but at the same time more and more people are realizing that this TA is far from what we deserve.

If this TA passes - I expect attrition to increase.
I don't think I want to put up with regional airline work rules for the 2 years or so that I would sit reserve if I took first available Capt slot. FO pay is too low to sit an extra year or so as an FO to await a better schedule once I upgrade.
I'm even considering applying to Delta...

If this TA passes - I expect attrition to increase.
I don't think I want to put up with regional airline work rules for the 2 years or so that I would sit reserve if I took first available Capt slot. FO pay is too low to sit an extra year or so as an FO to await a better schedule once I upgrade.
I'm even considering applying to Delta...

Fear that the TA would pass was one of the more major factors that convinced me to leave. I saw upgrade getting farther away all the time (mergers, relaxed work rules, deferred orders) and didn't dig paying $400 a month for insurance for the wife and me. Having to tolerate the clueless ramblings of coach and Bill Talton didn't help, either.

the rumors I've heard..Avg day gone, core credit gone...an improvement in the health coverage of some type, and a couple other things that I can't remember right off hand..

RV

I heard just the opposite.

Core block still there and 4.5 avg day still there

Guess we'll know soon enough.

Core block is an immediate show-stopper. That combined with the door close is an average 15 minute hit, AT LEAST for everyone.

The way they work is a cumulative hit - core block is bad enough by itself but, honestly, the loss of door close isn't as big of an item without core block to go with it. It automatically GUARANTEES that 50% of the legs you fly will be hit with a door close loss. I'm not exaggerating, by purely definition and how it's figured, HALF of your flights will suffer a pay loss.

Not interested. I'll keep current book and forego the $6 per hour raise, thankyouverymuch.

Latest resources

Back