• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air France

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Paula Zahn called the crew's actions heroic and that the Air France superior Training is what kept all of those people alive....B.S. this is the second time that an Air France crew member has been hailed as a hero for saving the day after they did something incredibly stupid...Does anybody remember the story of the Airbus that ran out of gas half way across the Atlantic. It will and should be "pilot failed to maintain.........."

sf260pilot said:
B.S. this is the second time that an Air France crew member has been hailed as a hero for saving the day after they did something incredibly stupid...Does anybody remember the story of the Airbus that ran out of gas half way across the Atlantic. It will and should be "pilot failed to maintain.........."

Hey mr. superpilot,

I'm sure you know it all, but maybe you want to google "are air transat and air france the same" and "are france and canada even the same country" then check back here with the results.

That was an Air Transat A330 (I think) that dead-sticked to an airport on the Azores after a experienceing a massive fuel leak. They are a Canadian airline and other than that, I don't know any details.

Word has it that Air France is blaming it on the CAL jet that departed prior to their landing, oops, they tried that already.

All kidding aside from what I remember, it looks like he landed on the 22's, does anyone know for sure? The reason I ask is that when I checked the CYYZ WX for the time he landed they were reporting something like 340/25 gusts to 33. Pretty good cross wind

"Hey mr. superpilot,

I'm sure you know it all, but maybe you want to google "are air transat and air france the same" and "are france and canada even the same country" then check back here with the results."

That is Mr. Super F@#$%ng Pilot to you!

Thing is that the media doesn't know squat!!
Maybe I don't either.

Erndogg said:
Typical media (especially Fox) showing their vast (Idiotic) knowlege of a news story!!!!
Does not surprise me that (Shepard Smith) would open his mouth before he thought about what he was going to say!!!

I dont know but Sheppard Smith says a lot of smart arse things and has a bit of dry humor....but then again he does crack me up

Gearmonkey said:
Wonder if it had to do with the runways not being grooved? I've skated down 5/23 and 6R at YYZ a few times when it was wet.

I'm with you on that. Any rain and those runways have a lot of standing water and are very slick. Crowning and grooving would be nice.

I understand that if you're on speed don't overshoot it's not a problem, but if you're not...

Just looking at the news photos of the wreckage, I see the plane landed on 24L and the spoilers and reversers were out in the photos...looks like the crew was fighting it all the way to the revine...gald everyone survived..

I was wondering if anyone had the METARS at the time and could post them? also does Air France have dispatchers? This accident sounds all too familiar to other TS related storys and older flight crews...maybe a CRM issure? lots to speculate on, want to hear what the CAPT has to say...

rk772 said:
“One can only assume that after a flight from Paris to Canada, that the aircraft would have less fuel onboard after landing than it did on takeoff.”

How is this possible? What an outrage.

Latest resources

Back