Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air France tail found. Wow looks like a clean break....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like massive structural breakup midair. It's amazing that the rudder is in such good condition regardless of where it departed the structure.

Let's hope they find the blackbox sooner than later. I hope the families will not let the bureaucrats bury the findings on this accident. If some of the conjectures on here are correct, it may even shed some new light into the AA A300 crash in NY as well.

That was very well done.

Yeah, that was.

I thought the AA A300 broke down where it was mounted to the fuselage. This looks like it sheared off well above the mountings.

I thought the AA A300 broke down where it was mounted to the fuselage. This looks like it sheared off well above the mountings.
It did and yes, it does.

I'd like to know where the tail section was found in proximity to bodies and aircraft debris...

IF it came off in flight, there's no telling how far away the rest of the tail section (and the CVR / FDR are at), although I'm sure they can draw some estimates based on altitude of the aircraft in cruise, maximum glide range (assuming it didn't just corkscrew straight down at that point) if the vert stab came off first and the rest of the aicraft didn't come completely apart when the vert stab came off, and drift speed of ocean currents.

If the vert stab separated when it hit the water (and the tail was close to the area of bodies recovered), they might have a pretty good chance at finding the FDR and CVR.

02:10Z:
Autothrust off
Autopilot off
FBW alternate law
Rudder Travel Limiter Fault
TCAS fault due to antenna fault
Flight Envelope Computation warning
All pitot static ports lost

Whoa...hand flying thru severe wx and turbulence without rudder protection (I assume)....makes you go hmm...

Maybe 'they' knew we would go hmmm.....

and blame a heavy footed and incorrect pressure on the pedals again?

Instead of what it really is (or seems to be.)

...and everyone at work wonders why I wish we had Boeings .....:(

PHXFLYR:cool:

Maybe 'they' knew we would go hmmm.....

and blame a heavy footed and incorrect pressure on the pedals again?

Instead of what it really is (or seems to be.)

Or maybe not. What aim would terrorists achieve if they never took responsibility for an action and no one knew it was an act of terrorism...

Doesn't make any sense for this to be terrorism.

Latest resources

Back